Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Quick poll about suspension
  • nonk
    Free Member

When you get your bouncy bits serviced how do you go about it?
    do you use a tfmojoloco tuning type place, an lbs or do you do nothing and buy a new fork when it’s borked?
    please post with the method of choice in your household.
    ta muchly. 🙂

wwaswas

cheap second hand – do myself.

expensive new – get a pro to do it.

geetee1972
    Free Member

Depends – a quick fork or air can service can be relatively easily done yourself or get the LBS to do it.

If it needs the damping cartridge opening up then it’s a tfmojoloco job

mildred

cheap second hand – do myself.
    expensive new – get a pro to do it.

+1

glenh
    Free Member

Do it all myself. Might as well buy new suspension at the prices they charge to service it 😉

JonEdwards
    Free Member

everything except rear damper service is DIY

LoCo
    Free Member

Just clean my flex stem and I’m away, rigid is the way forward…

retro83
    Free Member

I do my own forks (damper & lowers), and just air can services on my rear shock. I send the shock away for a damper service every year or so.

It would be financially ruinous to adhere to the maintenance intervals if you were sending them away every time.

whytetrash

Stendec on your doorstep fella, lot of the lads locally happy with Dave, I can’t use him as he can’t get DT bits…or you can just part ex that rusty old yeti for something newer 😆

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Forks service diy. repairs – never needed any bar a new upper assembly on a zocchi which went to windwave

nonk
    Free Member

yer cheeky fek whitetrash 😆

it’s on the cards man i just can’t make a decision on wether or not to go a bit more bouncy.

I do me own to be honest but i was having a chin wag with a mate about the way we box up forks and send em off to places when really any bike shop workshop should be sorted to do it by now. it had us pondering on what it is that stops the bike shop from bothering with it.

supertacky
    Free Member

I DIY all front and most rears unless they need charged.

Its not rocket science.

£95 + postage for a service is robbery. Most people with average intelligence and some tools can do it.

Fox have tech guides.

kudos100
    Free Member

Forks I will do myself. Shock, send to loco (although it was a custom tune). Probably have a go myself at some point.

4ndyB
    Free Member

Servicing forks nah, just sell the bike and buy a new one 😉

Klunk
    Free Member

£95 + postage for a service is robbery. Most people with average intelligence and some tools can do it.

this ^^, £80 for an hours work is extortionate.

james
    Free Member

Forks (lowers, air chamber, damper) DIY job, though yet to open up a Blackbox damper yet
    Rear shock only done air can/sleeve. I don’t think you can DIY rear shock dampers, pressurised nitrogen maybe? Or is that just tosh?

“£95 + postage for a service is robbery”
    Specialized Shock/Brain service is more ..
    That said every time mine has gone back they seem to send all the old internals back too

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Quick poll about suspension’ is closed to new replies.