• This topic has 8 replies, 7 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by IA.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Quick photography question
  • lovetoride
    Free Member

I wont go into the reasons why but is it possible to find out if a photo has been taken in macro mode on a compact digital camera, even if its not a close up e.g. taken in that mode by accident?

donsimon
    Free Member

Quick photography question

LOL.
    Can you get hold of the EXIF data?

Right click and go to Properties, then Details.

You’ll be amazed at what detail comes up – focal length, aperture etc

It does on my Panasonic anyway.

lovetoride
    Free Member

I am a newbie and still getting hold of the basics, what’s EXIF data and how would I find it?

Can get hold of the properties, what would show as it being shot in a macro mode but with some zoom at a distance of 2m?

zokes
    Free Member

In windows, right click on the file and click ‘Properties’.

As above, there’ll be all sorts of info in there, some of which might tell you the answer.

If it doesn’t, then I’m not aware of another way, as this (the EXIF data) is where your camera records all the image attributes.

donsimon
    Free Member

Go to “properties”, then “details” and then scroll down to look for lens model.
    I’ve just had a look at mine and lens model not shown, so not much help.

kayak23

Is the file still in your camera?
    On my Nikon at least, if I click up or down on the joypad in ‘View’ mode, then it gives me various information such as white balance etc, over-exposed areas, and one screen which tells me which mode I was in, what focal length, aperture etc, etc…

But yes, right click the file in windows and usually you’ll get the same info.

Muke
    Free Member

If the photo is on Flickr, clicking on the camera name in the upper righthand corner gives you the Exif data….
    Exif data

(although it can be hidden if required)

IA

http://www.irfanview.com/

Is free and lets you view exif info.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Quick photography question’ is closed to new replies.