Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 152 total)
  • Quick euro referendum poll.
  • richmtb

Stay

spekkie
    Free Member

As in the other thread, why does riding bikes down hills produce a result so far at odds with polls? Probably best to save answers to other thread

Could be either “MTB riders are bigger risk-takers than the general population” or could be “MTB riders know when to take a chance and when not to”

depending on how you look at it I guess 🙂

I currently live in Spain so won’t be voting.

wobbliscott
    Free Member

Well I don’t think the general opinions on STW reflect the general populous. At the last GE based upon most of the views and perceived political persuiasions on this forum i’d have bet a significant part of my body against the result we got. I suspect the results of this referendum will be to remain, but I think it will be closer than this poll suggests.

jambalaya
    Free Member

but mostly because I don’t want Boris and IDS in charge.

@jam bo Boris very likely to win any leadership contest anyway

Regular posters and certainly in the political threads non/reflective of voting population, its the demographic

the-muffin-man

Labour would be in power with a landslide majority if this forum was representative.

Bimbler
    Free Member

Stay, just

Project Fear vs Project Unicorn, it’s all rather tiresome.

Stoner
    Free Member

As in the other thread, why does riding bikes down hills produce a result so far at odds with polls? Probably best to save answers to other thread

because audi drivers and santa cruz owners are the shy conservatives at heart 🙂

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Leave.

poolman
    Free Member

Stay

MrSalmon
    Free Member

Very particular demographic on here I think. I reckon it’ll be close.

sadexpunk

leave

Dark-Side

Stay

godzilla
    Free Member

Leave

Lifer
    Free Member

Stay

welshfarmer

Stay.

I am yet to see a single valid argument for leave that doesn’t come across as anything other than…. “we used to be a great nation that ruled half the world and won 2 world wars. Let’s leave so we top dog again” B*llocks

chewkw
    Free Member

Leave

I am yet to see a single valid argument for leave that doesn’t come across as anything other than…. “we used to be a great nation that ruled half the world and won 2 world wars. Let’s leave so we top dog again” B*llocks

You see what you want to see.

You rationalise what you want to rationalise.

Anything you do not want to see you will not see.

Obvious is obvious and I told you so.

Lemmings! Forward march!

RS4KEV

Stay

mt
    Free Member

My selfish consider the money, the business ,economy and all that stuff says stay.
    My experience of working on CEN standards and EU Directives says leave.

As I’ll be in Brussels that week on a matter relating to an EU directive, that will be the time to make up my mind (if they let me back in time).

birky
    Free Member

Stay

mefty
    Free Member

Stay, but with considerable sympathy for Leave.

Boris is a busted flush, he will never lead the conservative party. Previously he had a following among the membership but now he is only in fourth and he will always struggle to get on the membership ballot anyway.

grumpysculler
    Free Member

Stay.

Postal vote, so little chance of not casting it.

ChrisL

Stay.

teamhurtmore – Member

Perhaps there are factors in addition to being an MTBer that influence who becomes a regular at STW? Maybe there’s some strongly eurosceptic and right wing MTB forums out there?

Also demographically STW’s users may overall be younger than the mean voting age, and both leave and the Conservatives appear to be more popular with the old than the young.

Freester

Ahm ‘oot

chewkw
    Free Member

mefty – Member
    Stay, but with considerable sympathy for Leave.

Please don’t.

Show and save your sympathy for the weak, the old, the poor, the ones that cannot fight back.

None of us will suffer now or in this generation.

The next generations will suffer and let them deal with their problems.

The strong survive and the weak perish when the EU population multiply extensively.

Let’s see whose gene pool will survive.

pondo

Stay and I vote.

suburbanreuben
    Free Member

Also demographically STW’s users may overall be younger than the mean voting age, and both leave and the Conservatives appear to be more popular with the old than the young.

POSTED 1 MINUTE AGO # REPORT-POST
    Very true. While walking the dogs I meet mainly “older” people. I have yet to meet one who wants to stay.

julians
    Free Member

Leave.

I think it will be a close call ( unlike on here), but ultimately remain will win.

richmars

Stay

chewkw
    Free Member

suburbanreuben – Member

Very true. While walking the dogs I meet mainly “older” people. I have yet to meet one who wants to stay. [/quote]
    Nope.
    STW are old, educated, left leaning (the norm on STW), middle class and much better off than the norm.
    They also come from the generations of class struggle.

jonba
    Free Member

stay

AdamW
    Free Member

Stay.

jimw
    Free Member

Stay.
    Not all older people are outers, my parents are in their mid-80’s and are both stayers too, and they will vote, as I will

bungle

Stay.

nickc

Holding my nose and voting stay

BillOddie

Stay!

This, along with an over inflated sense of where we stand in the world with regards to import/export and trade and industry in general.

newsfromthefront
    Free Member

Leave!

LapSteel
    Free Member

Leave

trailhound101

Stay

franki
    Free Member

Stay.

ahwiles
    Free Member

Remain.

If some one could explain a few things, like suggesting an effective system for making payments to farmers to replace the current EU subsidies, in a way that wasn’t just as expensive and complicated, then I could see myself being persuaded to change my mind.

Or, if someone could give me a few examples of the pesky red tape that we could ditch, where ‘red-tape’ doesn’t actually mean environmental and employment protection.

Those are the kind of things the Leave campaign need to talk to me about, they aren’t. I wonder why…

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 152 total)

The topic ‘Quick euro referendum poll.’ is closed to new replies.