Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Quick ebay question about ending auction early
  • thegreatape
    Free Member

I’ve got three items for sale on eBay, linked in so far as they are various roofbar components. Someone has messaged me through ebay with an offer for all the items. None of the items have any bids yet. Is it acceptable to do this?

Not a very frequent ebay user so I’m not really up to speed on whether this is ok by ebay rules and ‘not being an ebay nob unwritten rules’ ?

chakaping
    Free Member

No bids, no problem IMO.

chunkymonkey
    Free Member

Whenever I end an auction early I get a warning from EBay that they may charge me the fees as I’m letting my bidders down – never happened yet. Plus the fact you don’t have any bidders on should mean you’ll be OK.

thegreatape
    Free Member

Ok cheers

glasgowdan
    Free Member

I’ve ended loads early including stuff with bid. Make sure he pays first though.

deepreddave
    Free Member

Similar here, not a problem. It does happen a lot more though, even expensive items with lots of bids on i.e cars!I know this from looking to buy our T5. B****dy annoying it was too when it was obviously just because they’d failed to set a reserve and didn’t want to sell for ebay market value.

breatheeasy
    Free Member

Make sure you get paid first, as mentioned above.

Plus if I remember correctly, you can’t end an auction in the last 24 hours, so be careful with that one.

turboferret

Payment before ending the auction is the key part here. I’ve had several people make offers for me to end auctions early, some of which I’ve accepted. I said I’d end the auction as soon as I received funds, and none ever appeared.

Whether they thought that I was planning on scamming them or were timewasters I don’t know, but had I ended before getting payment I would have then had to relist at my own cost.

Make sure you’re happy with the offer though, I accepted £75 for some forks which he never paid, and the auction ended at £200 🙂

Cheers, Rich

wombat

Just alter the listings so they include a Buy It Now option for the agreed prices.

I’ve done this in the past, both parties are protected.

thegreatape
    Free Member

Thanks. Two requests now but no payment from either so auctions still running 🙂

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Quick ebay question about ending auction early’ is closed to new replies.