Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Quick Cycle Scheme Question
  • RDL-82
    Free Member

Hi all,

Does anyone know whether an employer has to provide a ‘safe storage’ area as part of the scheme.
    Where i work we are now starting to have quite a problem with a lot of bikes being used which in itself is a good thing, however more and more people are locking them up in inappropriate places, someone was rather silly enough to lock one up over a fire exit the other day 😕
    The trouble is though that we have no where safe for them, (City Centre location), and we have to lock them outside and several have been stolen over the last couple of months, hence some starting to bring them indoors and lock them in silly places.

We’ve requested somewhere, but are currently being stone walled, i’ve tried googling for any info but everything seems to be about the employee rather then the employer other than the benefits too them.
    So if anyone knows either way whether they have to provide something or not, and can link to some info that’d be great.

wwaswas

no legal duty (same as no legal duty to provide parking spaces).

if there’s a carpark why not ask if they can provide sheffield stands in one of the bays if less people are driving in?

miketually
    Free Member

They buy you a bike, which you lease back off them.

There’s no requirement for anything.

lunge

There is no obligation for the employer to provide anything unforunately.

RDL-82
    Free Member

No problem, curious more than anything, they push the scheme quite a lot but are themselves getting arsey about the bikes everywhere.
    My bike isnt cycle scheme btw, however I’m now part of a problem that didnt exist last year when only a few of us where cycling as we already did.
    Maybe they’ll get annoyed enough to provide something 😀

Car parks a no go, that a whole other kettle of theft and vandalism.

rootes1

no obligation..

BUT TFL were giving money to companies to install sheffield stands etc

also might be worth trying to get your employer to sign up to this:

http://www2.dft.gov.uk/adobepdf/165252/guarantee.pdf

There is also (until L Bridge is redeveloped) the secure park at On yer Bike, though that is south of the river..

Also H2 is reportedly opening an branch in the city

http://www.h2bikerun.co.uk/gym/

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Quick Cycle Scheme Question’ is closed to new replies.