Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Quick check! Hope Evo hub+ XD freehub will fit 135 x12 maxle ok?
  • Poopscoop

Just want to check before I order the XD freehub.

Cheers guys.

Poopscoop

Forgot, do I also need Hope part “HUB473”
    Linky

Poopscoop

Just a quick bump as I’ll be ordering a bit later.

Had an answer off another forum (kinda) but to be honest trust your opinions/ knowledge a bit more on here!

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Check out the hope exploded diagrams should explain it all.

Poopscoop

Thanks mate.

Yeah, had a look but to be honest still not sure.

Not helped by some conflicting info gleaned by googling. I know 135x 12 is a bit old school these days… But so am I. Lol

100mphplus
    Free Member

The XD freehub will fit any hope evo hub, (you can convert an old Pro 2 hub to evo spec to make it fit also), doesn’t matter what the drop outs are.
    However when you order your XD freehub, you do need the specific Evo drive side drop out adaptor with it, as it has a reduced sized ‘collar’ to stop the SRAM cassette nipping up on it.

So this will contain everything you need, assuming you already have a 12mm non drive adaptor? http://www.ukbikestore.co.uk/product/409/hub526_12/hope-sram-xd-11sp-freehub—aluminium-inc-12mm-spacer.html

honourablegeorge

Isn’t the XD end cap specific to 1×142?

otsdr
    Free Member

As 100mph mentioned above, the XD driver comes with the drive side spacer – just pick the correct version.

Poopscoop

Got a reply to an email I sent to hope.

They reckon I have to order part number:HUB526:12

Apparently it didn’t come with the kit.

Ah well.

Poopscoop

Right…. did some more digging and as you guys say it looks like you just choose the freehub with the adapter you need.

I was fooled by CRC listing one hub and that was all.

A look on Wiggle shows the hub with a drop down menu showing 3 variants you can order.

QR spacer
    X12 spacer
    12mm spacer.

So…. If I order the hub from Wiggle with the 12mm spacer option that should fit my 135×12 maxle frame, right?

(Yes, you can talk to me like a 5 year old if necessary…..)

Poopscoop

Well ordered it… and the relevant kit GX kit to go with it to make a 1x 11 setup so hope its the right fitment.

Was going to go from 3×9 to 1×10 (with expander etc)…. but it actually works out about the same cost to go the full SRAM 11 speed route. Hmmm..

100mphplus
    Free Member

I told you all that!!

The one thing you can’t do, (or couldn’t since I can’t see why Hope hasn’t changed the design?), is use a normal adaptor with the xd freehub! The adaptor is too large a diameter at the base and when you tighten the cassette it tightens against the adaptor and becomes a ‘fixie’.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Quick check! Hope Evo hub+ XD freehub will fit 135 x12 maxle ok?’ is closed to new replies.