Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Quick boiler question!
  • petefromearth

I hope!

We have a Worcester Bosch Greenstar 32cdi, installed new this year. Has been working fine, heating & hot water all good.

Just bled a large radiator which apparently had loads of air in. The pressure dropped to zero.

I then topped up the pressure using the white key underneath. Done that before without any issues.

When switching the boiler back on it doesn’t sound happy at all. Lots of water sloshing sounds. I’m wondering if the boiler itself has air in it because I bled too much out before topping up? If so how to fix it?

Have googled elsewhere but not find anything, help me STW you’re my only hope…

TheFlyingOx

If you can hear sloshing noises then I’d hazard a guess at there still being some air in the system. Try bleeding from lowest point up to top, radiator by radiator.

Disclaimer: I am not a plumber or boiler repairman. Part of my work does involve operating and fixing extremely large industrial boilers though.

ji
    Free Member

if it was really empty it takes a while to get back to temperature. What does the digital display show?

I think if there is too much water it just dumps it anyway.

(owner of same boiler)

petefromearth

Already bled all of the radiators and refilled it the up to about 2 bar

I just did a reset by holding down 2 buttons on the boiler. Made the thing sound like it was going to explode for about a minute (brown trousers) now may be working.

Gurgling a bit less now

Fingers crossed

Rockhopper
    Free Member

2 bar sounds a lot, 1 to 1.5 is more normal.

I’m also not a heating engineer but thats what google just told me 🙂

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Quick boiler question!’ is closed to new replies.