Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • quick blackberry question
  • johnny_met
    Free Member

A small icon has appeared in the top left of the screen just under the mail notification icon. It looks like a small earth (similar to the internet icon) with a number 1 next to it (similar to no. of unread messages). This is the first time this has appeared on the phone and I’ve had it for 18 mnths. Any idea what it means?

oops sorry wrong forum

cheshirecat
    Free Member

I think it’s the Blackberry Instant Messenger icon – could be wrong though.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Either that or a notification from the Blackberry App Store to let you know there’s an update of an application you have on there.

sc-xc

I get this from time to time – it’s not the BB messenger, it’s usually an email to my BB specific email address (for some reason it doesn’t show in my normal feed)

Doesn’t happen on my work one, so maybe CFH is right.

johnny_met
    Free Member

thanks. so how do I update the app?

gee
    Free Member

It came up on mine from time to time when the browser had a web page i was trying to access but lost connection half way through loading it. The icon means it has now loaded it.

GB

bruneep
    Cougar

I’ve got a similar “new” notification, showing what looks like a blue chat bubble. I’m assuming it’s a text message or email or some other form of “chat” notification, but I’m damned if I can nail down exactly what it is.

(I could probably read the manual, but y’know… )

bruneep

[url=http://docs.blackberry.com/en/smartphone_users/deliverables/13215/]BB message indicator[/url]

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘quick blackberry question’ is closed to new replies.