Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 60 total)
  • Questions for Santa Cruz?
  • chipps

A carbon BMX? They don't make an ally one, so I wouldn't have thought so…

chipps

UK prices are on the stories now – £1299 for either frame with a Float R shock. £110 extra for an RP23

Mid June…

GHill

I guess that's about what I was expecting, price wise. Cheaper would have been nice, but isn't it always. 🙂

hora
    Free Member

Pretty much lifelong Santa Cruz customer here.

Question that you could have put to them from me:-

What the ****?

backhander
    Free Member

NICKEL: $1350 with Fox Float R (complete bike pricing expected to start under $2k)

£1299 for either frame with a Float R shock

If they can bring the build in at or under £2K, I reckon they'll kill it.
    I'd buy one for the mrs (OK maybe a little for me too!).
    C'mon SC, make people happy.

Wookster

Thanks for the answers Chipps!

hora
    Free Member

Honestly, what next? Polish up a Kinesis frame and stick 'ASSP' on the marketing along with a Santa Cruz sticker?

They are crowding a product range now with replacements that are polished turds.

Honestly, people will follow and buy anything in the bike world.

Tiger6791

Where are you based?

Does the name Santa Cruz have any significance? or did you just like it?

backhander
    Free Member

Honestly, what next? Polish up a Kinesis frame and stick 'ASSP' on the marketing along with a Santa Cruz sticker?
    They are crowding a product range now with replacements that are polished turds.
    Honestly, people will follow and buy anything in the bike world.

Hora, seriously what's happened to you dude?
    It's like you've turned into angry man.
    And what wrong with the new bikes? Still as good as most of the stuff out there (yeti, orange, lapierre, etc). Except that brown colour. WTF is up with that?

flippinheckler
    Free Member

I broke my Heckler can I have new one please..oh crap I'm a day late! 🙄 Never mind I will get a Turner instead! 😀

hitman
    Free Member

I think I agree with Hora – SC are weakening their brand by extending their product range into the mid price range bikes. Will be interesting to see if thats how people view this, but with the recession if someone was thinking of buying a Nomad (non-carbon) why not buy a Butcher instead?

hora
    Free Member

I agreed with reviving the Heckler, a true and simple classic (possibly the Bullit should have been left or at least completely revised from the ground up) but these two new frames are clutter. I don't see why they need to add more in and with silly acronyms.

The name Santa Cruz, I read somewhere that the 'otherside' of the business is the favourite of the founder. The bikes were just moneyspinners that grew.

It's like you've turned into angry man.

6 weeks with no sex…..so now I know what its like to be a typical STW'er 😆 8)

backhander
    Free Member

6 weeks with no sex…..so now I know what its like to be a typical STW'er

Do you not have hands?

hora
    Free Member

Do you not have hands?

chakaping
    Free Member

So they've made some new bikes which probably have better suspension than their existing "cheaper" frames – and you call them "polished turds"?

What do they have to do to make you happy Hora?

scruff
    Free Member

Hora be quiet.

SC are great company and those new frames look superb. Specially liking the slacker front ends.

cynic-al
    Free Member

I'm with Hora. "sinusoidal leverage" WTF.

I understand what it means but how is it a benefit?

Looks more like "stuff we can add to our single pivot frames in order to make them look different & invent an acronym".

hora
    Free Member

Looks more like "stuff we can add to our single pivot frames in order to make them look different & invent an acronym".

They'll be lapping it up down at the bikeshops. Chipps, when did you become a sales rep for SCUK BTW? 😉

martinxyz
    Free Member

I recon they would make a good job of making a race frame out of carbon. monster sized tubes and aww that.It would be thee bike to have on the gate.

oxnop
    Free Member

I didn't even get my question answered & I asked first!!

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 60 total)

The topic ‘Questions for Santa Cruz?’ is closed to new replies.