Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • Question Time tonight….
  • frankconway

Diane Abbott yet again; can the bbc please find a different talking head from the labour party.
    She has nothing new or useful to say; useful for soundbites but no original thoughts.
    She must need the money……

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Why don’t you tell the BBC that you don’t like Diane Abbott?

chorlton
    Free Member

Is Andrew Neil presenting?

outofbreath
    Free Member

It did make me Google Diane Abbot + racist. Turns out it’s not just media hype she really has said stuff that would end most political careers.

frankconway

Did I say ‘I don’t like Diane Abbott’?
    If you have access to the right people at the BBC please tell me who they are.
    A suggestion Ernesto, stick to the content of the post.

outofbreath
    Free Member

I thought she was quite good on “This Week” but as a politician, utterly hopeless.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

A suggestion Ernesto, stick to the content of the post.

I was talking about the BBC and Diane Abbott, what do you want to talk about?

I’m glad you like Diane Abbott btw, I have no idea why I thought that you didn’t like her.

cheekyboy
    Free Member

Mullets are back ………yaaaayyy

wilburt
    Free Member

She is possibly the worst politician in my lifetime.
    I’m basically a leftie but she is proof in every sense of Corbyns poor judgement and evidence that positive discrimination does not work.

cheers_drive

I just came on here to post about how awful she is. Labour really are rubbish, which is pretty worrying for the country.

wilburt
    Free Member

In other news though the Cleverly fella is putting in a good showing.

letmetalktomark

Oooh burned.

seosamh77
    Free Member

she’s brutal.

seosamh77
    Free Member

😆 no happy!

pondo

This may be heading off topic but I naturally incline to the left, I’ve paid thirty quid to keep Corbyn in the hot seat and I feel that’s money wasted. Where’s the smart on keeping us in, Lib Dems or Greens?

chestercopperpot
    Free Member

She would make a great CBBC presenter though.

pondo

Too annoying. And childish.

mitsumonkey
    Free Member

She’s embarrassing living off a stonewall safe seat. Hapless and feckless. I really do think that Labour MPs are now just giving the corbynistas enough rope to hang themselves on. He made an arse of himself yesterday, it’s her turn today.

wilburt
    Free Member

I’ve been giving the greens a few quid recently, its a long shot I know but worth a punt.

binners

She’s good, but she’s no Keith Vaz

mitsumonkey
    Free Member

its a long shot I know but worth a punt.

No it isn’t.

Fair play for sticking by your beliefs though. 😀

rogermoore

Best bit.
    Magic.
    RM.

br
    Free Member

I’m basically a leftie but she is proof in every sense of Corbyns poor judgement and evidence that positive discrimination does not work. [/I]

+1

Peyote
    Free Member

evidence that poorly implemented positive discrimination does not work.

FTFY

AlexSimon

Some of her articles that I’ve read have been very good. Excellent in fact.
    Unwatchable on TV though.

outofbreath
    Free Member

Some of her articles that I’ve read have been very good. Excellent in fact.

Yeah, she’s quite a good commentator if you want a perspective from “the left”.

But a crap politician.

…and says racist things that would end any other political career in an instant.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Why would you want the Beeb to avoid someone as important as the shadow Home Secretary.

She has one of the key jobs in government. It’s very important that we have access to her views and beliefs. We need the know how good she is.

I am looking forward to hearing her insights on iPlayer

poly
    Free Member

a crap politician.

what defines a good one?

thecaptain
    Free Member

No, Dianne Abbott isn’t particularly bad compared to other politicians.

However, the coverage she gets is out of all proportion to her significance and contribution. I don’t do QT but she’s on Any Questions the whole bloody time too.

dannyh
    Free Member

She has one of the key jobs in government.

Nope – she’d need to be in government for that.

You have to weigh up the likelihood of them holding a certain shadow post having a detrimental effect on their prospect of getting the real gig. In Abbott’s case I would say her presence at the pointy end of the Labour Party makes it less likely they would be elected.

And yes, she is much better in print where you can take time to word things very carefully and take time for reflection (and maybe advice from others) – but that is not good for politicians who have to be able to answer unexpected questions quickly and not sound like a loony when doing so.

Granted that this is why the spin doctors try to keep questioning rigidly on-topic (their chosen topic) and feed in answers via earpiece if at all possible, but the likes of Abbott must have the PR guys tearing their hair out. You could argue that this unpredictability is a good thing, but not as part of a drive to make a whole party electable.

wwaswas

Someone enjoyed themselves anyway.

[video]http://vimeo.com/201274240[/video]

naughty boy.

AdamW
    Free Member

They could always invite on that chappy that was rarely ever on it. What’s his name? On the tip of my tongue, so rarely we hear from him..

Barage?
    Carriage?

something like that.

ScottChegg
    Free Member

evidence that positive discrimination does not work

Neither does giving old girlfriends key jobs.

Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)

The topic ‘Question Time tonight….’ is closed to new replies.