Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Question re shock details for HL 5Spot
  • lowey

OK which one of you lot know what shock length and stroke I need for my HL 5 Spot ? Romic has finally given up the ghost and they have gone tits up.

Cheers all.

Hadge
    Free Member

190mm x 50mm if I remember right

john_walker74
    Free Member

Yep, Hadge is correct.

Hadge
    Free Member

See if you can find something like this – DHX Coil

Absolutely awesome shock with a ti spring fitted. I also tried a Pushed RP3 and had a DHX Air that came with it. The DHX was utter pants but the Pushed RP3 was also very good. But the coil DHX was just brilliant.

radoggair
    Free Member

i have a 2.25" x 550lbs on my turner ( 10.5 stone weight), though might go down to a 2.25" x 500lbs

lowey

Cheers guys, Was thinking about a pushed RP23… anyone got any thought on these ?

I do like the coil though, That DHX looks sweet.

Hadge
    Free Member

There's something that might interest you on the classifieds – Pushed R going cheap.

Swayndo
    Free Member

I've got an RP23 on my 2004 HL. I couldn't imagine it being better TBH. I've used a PUSHed RP3 and a PUSH Race Tuned Van RC on previous frames, but can see no advantage in PUSH tuning this time.

woodsman
    Free Member

I must be one of the few who haven't had any problems with the DHX Air. I wouldn't mind a ti spring DHX Coil, but I've no real complaints with the air to be honest..

Apologies for the eye damaging lycra!

harrytoo
    Free Member

If you fancy another Romic I have one in the Garage, came off my Turner. A couple of springs, will let you know the weights if you're interested.

Was working ok last time it was fitted, my RP23 does all I need it to.

uponthedowns
    Free Member

Had a PUSHed RP3 on my 5 Spot for the last 5 years. Good improvement over the Romic and the standard RP3 which was overly damped. Reckon a PUSHed RP23 would be just as good.

heihei

"Pushing" an RP23 doesn't produce anywhere near the benefits of pushing an RP3 imho. The RP3 I had done on my HL Spot was a great improvement, whilst the 2 I've had done on RP23's have offered little. Given the new boost valve on the RP23 there might be a few around going cheap, either being sold by dealers or 2nd hand from upgraders.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Question re shock details for HL 5Spot’ is closed to new replies.