Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Question for the Android geeks
  • garage-dweller

Since last Chrome ‘update’ the keyboard on my phone is slow, unpredictable and does strange things while deleting text. You delete half a word then the word appears again in front of where you are deleting.

Quick Google search reveals not much of use.

Keyboard is perfect in every other app.

The only other recent change to the phone is addition of lookout security (but I don’t think the problem occured straight away when I added that more since the update).

Ant ideas/knowledge?
    Thanks as always

bear-uk
    Free Member

Get yourself the Swiftkey keyboard. Its very good

marmaduke
    Free Member

download Google keyboard?

thepurist

Follow the bear 🙂

nickjb
    Free Member

Everywhere or only certain places? Mine does the same on this forum, haven’t noticed it elsewhere but this is probably the only place I write a lot and do any editing.

oldnpastit

Google are slowly but inexorably making all of their software completely rubbish.

garage-dweller

Thanks all. Sorry had my nose in a book studying.

I haven’t tried many other sites but it’s rubbish in the address bar.

I will look at the other keyboard suggestions. Thanks.

dooge
    Free Member

Ive noticed it too on my S4. The typing is not so bad but the lack of deleting is frustrating. I only seem to find it happens on larger words. Ive recently cleared away my history, cache etc and it has improved things.

garage-dweller

Quick update on my original post.

After a different problem with Chrome I rolled back the install to the version that was preloaded on my phone. To try and get it working again.

Keyboard now works reliably again and is much faster. This is back to the product I really liked when I got the phone!!!

tymbian
    Free Member

Happens to me also but only on this forum..

takisawa2

Std keyboard on this HTC occasionally jumps back & starts writing over text a few lines back.
    Only on stw though, ok on everything else.

CountZero

Interesting that similar keyboard issues affect Android keyboards, across a variety of versions, to those that affect iOS keyboards, but just on STW.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Question for the Android geeks’ is closed to new replies.