• This topic has 11 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by flip.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Question for someone thats been to the Cycle show this week?
  • 5AM
    Free Member

I’m thinking of going tomorrow; and the main reason for the visit would to look for various types of of spine protection/armour.

Is there anything there at the show, or am I just better off getting out on the bike for the afternoon?

Thanks for any replies.

psychle
    Free Member

not that I noticed… but wasn’t looking for it tbh, more there for the bling 🙂

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Personally, I’d get out for a bike ride, as it could be the last chance of some warm, dry and hopefully sunny weather for the next four or five months.

I don’t remember seeing much body armour type stuff tbh.

Zulu-Eleven
    Free Member

only a couple of sets there, better going for a ride.

squeezer
    Free Member

No – been there today and just got back. Not much good at all. Go ride!

JonEdwards
    Free Member

*very* little in the way of armour. There was some on the Transition stand by a brand I’d never heard of, but that was about it.

No 661, Dainese, raceface, IXS, POC, Rockgarden.

Lots of (mostly road) bikes made of plastic though.

Onzadog
    Free Member

Just got back myself. Not much of anything there to be honest. I’m glad I got to have a chat with Al from sokeshirts about the wingnut packs but beyond that, not really worth the trip. Seems to get smaller every year. If I were you, I’d get out on the bike. Lots of companies were conspicuous in their absence.

Lets hope they get it back on track when it moves to the nec next year.

psychle
    Free Member

it was very roadie wasn’t it?

muddy@rseguy

I rather enjoyed it 🙂

Big shame that Madison decided not to go as I really wanted to look at and test an Alfine 11 hub, but still some good kit there. The mountain bike test track looked a bit naff though unless you really like fork-lift pallets…

not great for body armour though 😕

bobbyspangles

it is quite road/commuter biased.

verticalclimber
    Free Member

go for a ride, went friday and a bit disapointed even though i got a road bike this year. dont remember much(if any) body armour.
    bit of poor turnout from the big boys this

flip
    Free Member

Went yesterday, was ok just like last year, probably won’t go again.

I do think it could be better.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Question for someone thats been to the Cycle show this week?’ is closed to new replies.