Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Question for frame builders and geometry experts
  • stilltortoise
    Free Member

The Ragley mmmBop and Blue Pig are – or so I thought – broadly designed for the same type of riding, but one is steel and one is aluminium. The Blue Pig (steel) has a much shorter seat tube so of course the front and rear triangle are very different looking from the mmmBop. This seems to be a common theme on a lot of steel “hardcore hardtails”.

If they are designed for the same type of riding, why not make the seat tube shorter on the mmmBop too, since surely less tubing = less weight?

Or have I got this all wrong and Brant meant them for different styles of riding?

Rickos
    Free Member

They both have 16, 18 or 20 inch seat tubes according to their website. Where’s your info from?

brant
    Free Member

CRC’s pic of the mmmbop is a 20in frame I think. And the Blue Pig is a 16in frame.

Both frames were available in all sizes.

stilltortoise
    Free Member

it was the picture on Bike Tart that made me wonder.

This…

compared to this…

stilltortoise
    Free Member

PS Brant I’m well pleased with my early impressions of my mmmBop. I would post a picture on myRagley but I’m afraid there isn’t one reference to Ragley anywhere on the frame…

…got a nice Ragley saddle for it now tho’

cynic-al
    Free Member

Back to school for OP!

stilltortoise
    Free Member

😆

Al, it was really just another excuse to post my new build 😀

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Question for frame builders and geometry experts’ is closed to new replies.