Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Question for 456 and Summer Season owners
  • GrumpyDave
    Free Member

I need a new hardtail and I'm looking into getting one of these. Has anyone ridden both? What are the benefits of the normal 456 over the Summer Season frame (or vice versa)? As far as I can tell, it's just a slacker head angle and plain gauge tubing. What are the ride differences?

Cheers,
    Dave

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

That is it really, The summer also has no paint job, it's just clear laquered (sp?), the other diff is the price. But everything else is the same.

I think the original idea of the Summer was a slacker head angle for people running shorter travel forks. I have 125mm forks and believe they are about right.

I've ridden both and TBH I generally didn't notice much diff. Maybe, I'm a bit more confident on the descents and slow speed steep techy stuff with the Summer, but I wouldn't say it was a revelation.

BTW, my bro in law has just changed from a 456 to a Summer, he seems to be sold on the slack angle idea.

thepodge
    Free Member

correction, 456 and summer season are now the same price…

Mugboo

Bananas bro in law here.

My full suss has a 67 head angle which i love. After riding the 456 and summer back to back i realised i like the slacker feel.

Thats the meaningfull difference. I want a similar feel when riding botgh my bikes, it saves my poor little brain from adjusting..

What kind of head angle do you prefer?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Question for 456 and Summer Season owners’ is closed to new replies.