Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • question about iPhone and iTouch and blackberry
  • hosepipe
    Free Member

….a very sensible question! i know nothin' about gadgets. with a blackberry, you can get emails anywhere, even in the middle of the forest of dean….because it uses a telephone network to download your emails. is that right? and same with iPhone.

but with an ipod touch, you won't get your latest emails UNTIL you wander past a wifi network. is that right 😐

so if you're wandering in the remote highlands, you won't get your emails until you stroll into town and find a boozer with wifi.

i know this stuff is simple to most. sorry

soulman

Iphone needs an Edge or 3G signal so won't always do email…

Correct about iPod Touch.

Don't know about blackberry

cynic-al
    Free Member

Shirley iphone can use 2G and gprs etc like other phones?

Correct re ipod touch – anbd you need to log on to the network and possibly check email etc.

Most phones can "do" email these days…

st

With the Blackberry that is pretty much correct. Mine picks up emails using either an Edge or GSM (mobile) signal.

Jamie
    Free Member

iPhone can use 3G/Edge or Wi-Fi for email retrieval/internet access.
    iTouch only uses Wi-Fi for email retrieval/internet access.
    Blackberrys use cellular networks and wireless to receive emails using BlackBerry Enterprise Server to push the information to the handset. IPhones etc also can be set to use Push also but i do not think it is always on like the Blackberry.

So in summary, if you want emails in the Highlands do not get the iTouch. More importantly tho, you will want to find the network with the best coverage in that part of the world. All well and good having the correct device if the service provider is shit.

GrahamS

Shirley iphone can use 2G and gprs etc like other phones?

Think so – I've never had any difficulty getting email regardless of the network type. Just a bit slower on the crapper networks that's all.

OP: Yeah iPod Touch is WiFi only. There are no "phone bits" in it and it's the phone bits that the iPhone and Blackberry use to get email anywhere.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘question about iPhone and iTouch and blackberry’ is closed to new replies.