Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Question 1 – What tyres are working well at the moment for you?
  • H4RDT41LR1D3R
    Free Member

As the title says as I want to treat my new wheels to some new rubber but not sure what kind, usually a fat Albert fan but fancy a change.

simondbarnes

Maxxis Detonator

allthegear
    Free Member

Continental Premium Contact 2

oh – you mean the bike…

I’ve tried allsorts but keep coming back to Scwalbe ones. Current favourites are eith Nobby Nics in the Winter or Rocket Ron on the front and Racing Ralph on the back. Both UST ones on 819 rims. Just work.

Rachel

tazzymtb

nobby nics on 26″ and 29″ wheels at the moment going to rocket ron on the 29er in the next couple of weeks

rOcKeTdOg

bonty mud x, but parts of the local trails were dusty today, some might be time for some summer rubber, ardent/Bonty TLR front/Crossmax rear

4ndyB
    Free Member

Charge Splashback
    Schwalbe Raplh/Nic

Depends on the conditions & terrain

Jezkidd
    Free Member

Conti vertical pros, next tyres will probably be maxxis ignitors which are very similar

7hz
    Free Member

Conti Mountain King 2.4 Black Chilli Protection. Seem good to me and help me keep it rubber side up, which my Little Alberts didn’t. Would be interested in comparing the Contis to Nobby Nicks but am not going to spend a bunch of cash to find out if I am happy with what I have got.

allmountainventure
    Free Member

High roller DH on the front, Ardent on the back. Both tubeless.

_tom_
    Free Member

High Roller rear, Minion DHF front. Heavy (especially with the rear being a dual ply) but seem to work well in most conditions. Lower the pressure a bit when it’s wet, up to about 35psi the rest of the time.

snaps
    Free Member

I cleaned three climbs on the Quantocks today that I’d not cleaned before using an overinflated Maxxis 2.1 Ignitor LUST – so thats currently my fav. along with a 2.35 Hi Roller up front.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Question 1 – What tyres are working well at the moment for you?’ is closed to new replies.