Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Quecha walking / hiking boots
  • steve_b77
    Free Member

I need to get some hiking boots as we’re off on a company team builder to do the 3 Peaks (Yorkshire) and I don’t have anything suitable.

I’m aware that leather is a bad idea due to breaking in, but there’s a pair if Quecha that I tried on yesterday that fit well and felt comfortable.

Basically are they any good, or should I go for something like Salamon?

TheBrick
    Free Member

I have used a pair of their walk shoes in Nepal and they were fine and comfortable. Also years ago converted some boots to SPD and they were also good.

nickhit3
    Free Member

I use a pair of Quecha boots i bought in Decathlon in the south of France a couple of years ago. Out of the box and straight into 8 hrs walking through the Gorge due Verdon. worked brilliantly. used in the UK with no problems. The vibram sole is great and very comfortable.

thejesmonddingo

I wear them most of the time,comfortable and hard wearing,if it makes a difference,the more you spend ,the better the waterproofing.

YoKaiser
    Free Member

I had a pair of winter boots and wore them all the time, comfy and no real signs of weakness. I’ve now got a pair of summer walking boots (Forclaz 500)and have wore them a few times in the hills now, again all good.

Murray

Fit is the most important thing. If this is going to be a one off perhaps get some approach shoes as you can use them for general loafing around afterwards?

Edukator
    Free Member

Madame has twice walked 850km in a month in them – worn out and replaced each time. Cheap, light and confortable. She keeps a pair in stock. I had a pair and wore out the inners quicker than the soles, Salomon last a little longer but offer no more grip or comfort, just better waterproofing.

pondo

Never owned any boots but nothing that we’ve ever bought by Quecha has been anything less than top notch and brilliant value.

cp

Big fan of quecha footwear as a whole.

petec
    Free Member

i have both quecha boots and approach shoes. Both excellent, and wouldn’t hesitate to replace them with another pair from there.

blueflamespecial
    Free Member

Yep, bought a pair a few years ago and they were great for some big-ish hikes straight out the box.

Can’t fault them.

DrJ

i have both quecha boots and approach shoes.

Not getting at you, but the notoin of “approach shoes” amuses me. Do you need a different pair of shoes for after your ascent? Or do you walk backwards in your approach shoes?

Sorry 🙁

petec
    Free Member

Do you need a different pair of shoes for after your ascent?

not really. I just use them as waterproof trainers 🙂 But i think they’re sold as approach shoes.

steve_b77
    Free Member

Cheers guys

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Quecha walking / hiking boots’ is closed to new replies.