Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Quantocks trail conditions and Pubs?
  • ruscle
    Free Member

Off to the Quantocks on Sunday for the first time since September when they were bogging, so just wondering how the trails are at the moment specifically Frog combe (twisty flowy side) Somerton, Five Lords (bin combe) and slaughter house combe, also some of the man made stuff in the great wood? I expect their good at the moment as we are in a drought!
    Also plan to have a pub lunch half way through the day. I can’t get through to the Plough at Holford, are they still open and is their a new phone number, or is their any other recommendations for muddy cyclists? Thanks in advance.

mt
    Free Member

Carew Arms in Crowcombe, great pub. Go on early Friday evening for fish and chip night, brilliant.

Dibbs
    Free Member

Trails are good, drying out nicely, no dust yet though. 😉

ruscle
    Free Member

Any info out their on the Plough as usually park up in Holford?

slparsons
    Free Member

RE the Plough, I’ve passed it last Sunday, it look’s open and has large ‘Under new management’ banners adorning the outside.

Pooley
    Free Member

Hey Dibbs, we had dust last thurs night, over and down the ball into Bicknoller. And Ruscle, Bicknoller inn is pretty biker friendly, good beer there!

ruscle
    Free Member

Beer would be good just before climbing bicknoller, make it more of a challenge!!

DJ
    Free Member

I was up there on foot last Friday and it was pretty firm under foot so unless it chucks it down it should be good to go.

leec247
    Free Member

Was up there sun wet but great fun. Looks like its gonna stay dry this week so should be some good riding this weekend

oldfart

Plough is welcoming us MTBers now grubs good and reasonably priced as well .

ruscle
    Free Member

All good news. Will be their for Sunday roast mid ride this weekend. I was onto the local tourist info centre today and they exhausted all avenues to find a number for the plough and couldn’t get one, even ringing around friends who used to drink/live in Holford!!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Quantocks trail conditions and Pubs?’ is closed to new replies.