Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Quantocks cycle route?
  • ajantom

I have a day off to myself in Taunton on friday, and was thinking of going for a ride in the Quantocks as I've never ridden there before.

Has anyone got any route suggestions, or links to routes there? I'd be looking at a 2-3 hr length ride (15-25miles?) Also what would be the best bike to take – single speed rigid or Stumpy bouncer?

Cheers, Tom.

saladdodger
    Free Member

Either bike

Q's + silence = bliss

S/s

Dibbs
    Free Member

The weather looks good for Friday, I may be available for guiding duties 🙂

ajantom

Cool. Looking around on the web I just found quite a nice looking route that starts near Flaxpool.

If you fancy a meet up on friday I'd be up for that 🙂

Dibbs
    Free Member

I'll be riding up from Bishops Lydeard, so Lydeard Hill car park is better for me.

Dibbs
    Free Member
    ajantom

Sounds good – what sort of time? I'm free form early, and have to be back in Taunton by about 4pm.

Dibbs
    Free Member

What do you call early?

ajantom

As my g'friend is a resident tutor at a boarding school, I have to be out at the same time as her. So I'll be out of the house by 8.30 a- and could probably be up there for 9ish. But I'm quite happy to read the paper and have a coffee for a bit if that's too early.

Dibbs
    Free Member

9 will be fine.

qwerty
    Free Member

ohh – its another stw date 😛 x

ajantom

Cool, sounds good.

Shall we say 9.30 though to be on the safe side? I have no idea what traffic will be like at that time in the morning – probably sh1t if Taunton's anything like Exeter 😆

Dibbs
    Free Member

9.30's good too.

ajantom

Great, see you friday morning then.

Still not sure which bike to bring! Hmmm, will do random choice when I leave the house on thursday.

Dibbs
    Free Member

Today's route.
    Clicky

ajantom

Cheers dude – thanks for good day on the Quantocks. I stopped for a pint of Otter and fish and chips in a pub on the way back. Yum 🙂

Dibbs
    Free Member

I stopped for a pint of Otter and fish and chips in a pub on the way back. Yum

Lucky you 😥 I had to do some housework and make it look as though I'd been busy before the wife got home 😆

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Quantocks cycle route?’ is closed to new replies.