Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Quantas cancels all flights, in worker dispute
  • project
    Free Member

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-15504838

and how long before workers here are locked out,and services stopped, because they want agre to the naughty capitalist management that pays their wages.

James Edwards did in in Liverpool at the leyland plant many years ago, a newish factory closed down staff sacked and the TR7 car cancelled, the start ofthe same thing for many compies to follow.

project
    Free Member

Nobody bothered that i might not get to australia next weekend then……….

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

Thats terrible, I truly didn’t realise you are now facing the possibility of being affected maybe. Let me now if theres anything i can do at this difficult time. These work-dodging lazy communist pig-dogs will be first up against the wall come the revolution.

PS: Its spelled “Qantas”.

IanMunro
    Free Member

As flounces go, Qantas seem to be doing a pretty impressive one.

footflaps

Gutsy move, I’d say 15-0 to Qantas.

mrmo
    Free Member

something tells me this is the beginning of something and not the end. Alot of people are getting pissed at the current situation

vinnyeh

I can’t quite understand what Qantas are hoping to do- are they spinning off a couple of routes, and the associated infrastructure and equipment, making the staff redundant, and then restarting the routes under the guise of new airlines, based in countries with lower labour costs?

If so, I can understand why,as memo says, a lot of people would be pissed off.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Hmm. I was looking forward to a ride upstairs on their 380 in a couple of weeks. I’ll change my flight to BA instead.

tonyg2003

I’ve got to say that this is the PR equivalent of shooting yourself in the foot. Grounding your own planes!

It will probably go down as one of the worst airline business moves ever. It’s the sort of thing that passengers who are let down won’t ever forget and I can already sense the lawsuits being prepared (paid for the rest of your holiday anyone??). I suspect that this might cost Quantas more in the long term than any employment dispute.

psychle
    Free Member

it’s Qantas FFS… 🙄 Queensland and Northern Territory Air Service…

Seems to me it’s a pretty bold move, designed to force the Australian Government to intervene immediately, which they have… passengers have already been suffering for the past months as the unions call wildcat strikes and go-slows, muppets. Qantas has to change, there’s just too much competition on the Kangaroo Route, as a travel agent here in the UK, I can’t remember the last time I sold one of their flights, almost always selling Asian or Middle-East carriers as they’re the cheapest!

zokes
    Free Member

Their board just approved a $2.1m rise for Alan Joyce (CEO), despite the company making year on year losses, and clear unhappiness in almost all sectors of their workforce (baggage handlers, ground crew, cabin crew and pilots). Out of touch doesn’t even come close.

All the board seem to do is threaten the striking workforce with losing their jobs. Even in a country as right-wing as Australia, that’s pretty dumb industrial relations.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Quantas cancels all flights, in worker dispute’ is closed to new replies.