Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • QR/15mm Thru axle compatability
  • jonjones13
    Free Member

I’m sure this has been done before, but I need to ask…

I am buying a disc CX bike (with a QR fork) and a MTB (with 15mm thru-axle fork). Is there any way I could use the same fron wheel on both without installing different hub adapters every time I wanted to switch over?

I know you can convert hubs like DT Swiss, but is there any kity which allows say QR use in a 15mm fork?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

The hope end caps are quick to swap, using QR in a 15mm fork would be a big step back.

jameso

Easy. 15mm MTB wheel becomes QR CX wheel.

kazafaza
    Free Member

If you have QR15mm front wheel than this should do the job well. Works for me 😉

jonjones13
    Free Member

With one of those, would the wheel still fit in the 15mm forks as well as the QR forks?

kazafaza
    Free Member

You need QR15mm wheel so it fits with your forks. You’d need an adapter to use with your QR15 wheel if you decide to fit it to standard/9mm dropout forks.

jonjones13
    Free Member

Sorry for being slow – so then would I be able to then swap it back and forth between forks without f’cking with adapters and what not?

carlosg
    Free Member

I have a Nukeproof version of the adapter in jameso’s post above that I use in a set of DT Swiss wheels on my 9mm Reba forks , it literally just slides into the 15mm hub and fixes into the fork with a standard q/r skewer. Got mine from CRC but plenty of other places sell the same thing.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘QR/15mm Thru axle compatability’ is closed to new replies.