Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • qr seat collars – which? hope/kcnc/salsa flip lock etc?
  • campfreddie
    Free Member

i have a shiny red hope qr seat collar ready for my new bike, but i have seen a thread over on bike radar which seems to indicate that they aren’t great in terms of slippage and seizing.

i can send it back for a refund, so does anyone have any experience of guidance as to which works best.

the salsa flip lock comes in at about £20 (ie £4 more than the hope), but seems to have flawless reviews.

the KCNC unit is closer to £15

thoughts?

cheers

pixelmix
    Free Member

I have a Hope QR on one bike which works perfectly.

I have a KCNC one on the other bike which is very light, but isn’t accurately manufactured, so it is a pain to get set up right. Once the tightness is set up now, it seems okay though.

neninja
    Free Member

I’ve tried a few and have found the Syntace Superlock and Chromag to be best.

Both are well made but I like the seal on the Syntace that stops grime from getting down the seat tube.

Pauly

I have Salsa Fliplocks & Liplocks. Beautiful pieces of kit.

stevede
    Free Member

Hope clamps are fine as long as you keep them greased around where the clamp pivots – the 2 surfaces that move against each other when tightening. The Chromag clamp i have on my Soul now is what i’d recommend if money isn’t an issue, i’ve had a Salsa clamp in the past and that was great too.
    Just built a Pitch up and can’t wait to ditch the OE specialized clamp.

toys19
    Free Member

Another vote for chromag here. I have them on everything now, if you want always on reliability then the chromag is flawless. £32 well spent.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘qr seat collars – which? hope/kcnc/salsa flip lock etc?’ is closed to new replies.