Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • QPR sacks sparky
  • PrinceJohn

Pep?

binners

De Matteo?

geoffj

Coyle?

Sonor
    Free Member

As a QPR supporter, I am most pleased this has happened. 😀 😀

MSP

Is this fake?

They had an all day meeting on Monday and didn’t sack him then, seems odd to then swing the axe without another game being played and without another manager being immediately announced.

geoffj

MSP – taking time to secure the services of a successor?

binners

I thought they’d have waited for him to take the flak for losing at Old Trafford first?

MSP

Losing at OT was (virtually) inevitable, maybe sacking him now just lifts a little bit of pressure off the players.

Its a surprise that it’s taken so long to be honest, every interview given he harps on about how good he is, his ego is far bigger than his results, he always thought he was bigger than the team and it appears just they got sick of it and stopped performing.

rudebwoy
    Free Member

Rednapp will be in before dawn

BermBandit
    Free Member

What never fails to amaze me is the amount of money pissed away hiring and firing footy managers. I don’t know about anyone else, but in my line of work if I selected and recruited a key person into any of the organisations that I’ve run over the years and then routinely had to off them after a year or so, I’d be the one with the marching orders. What I also know without fear of contradiction is that takes time to properly facilitate change in any organisation. I would say 3 years minimum before real results become apparent.

steveoath
    Free Member

But the chairmen are only answerable to themselves, they won’t sack themselves for making a poor choice?

binners

If you own the company, you can do whatever you like. Got to agree with you though. The present set up is madness. Fergie would have been out on his ear in the present climate

MSP

What I also know without fear of contradiction is that takes time to properly facilitate change in any organisation. I would say 3 years minimum before real results become apparent.

But there are signs of failure before that time period. If a manager loses his workforce then it just won’t work, especially if its the skills of the workforce that are the business.

toxicsoks
    Free Member

They can have Colin W(a)nker back. In fact we’ll pay them, with filthy Arab lucre, to do so.
    MOT.

weeksy

The present set up is madness. Fergie would have been out on his ear in the present climate

Was discussing this last night with a Manc mate, it’s abolutely right, ignoring the fact he’d have been sacked 15 years ago, he’d deffo have been sacked a couple of years back when you won nothing at all.

rudebwoy
    Free Member

MSP is right — football management is almost exclusively man-management, and if the men are not responding ……well …..bye.bye

ormondroyd
    Free Member

I’m gutted. Was enjoying his work immensely.

binners

Its absolutely crazy! look at De Matteo? He won the Champions league, something all his predecessors failed to manage, and an FA Cup. Yet a couple of poor results and…. close the door on your way out

The only club I can think of who have resisted this knee -jerk sacking instinct was Dave Wheelan, at Wigan last Season. Martinez had had an awful run of results, but he stuck by him, and look at the roll they went on. They beat United, Arsenal, and absolutely thumped Newcastle to finish the season safely

loum
    Free Member

Football management may be all about man-management, but visible football results are more about chance than probably any other multi-million pound industry.
    A season, as 38 lots of 90 minutes, is almost statistically insignificant. There’s massive amounts of chance involved.
    While it’s not quite true, the phrase “more by luck than judgement” could have been invented for football management.

What i’m trying to say is that over the course of 57hours, good managers can have bad results and vice versa.

MSP

But Sparky has had more than just a few blips, over a quarter of the season gone without one win, and recently they seem to be not even putting up a fight. There have just been no signs since he took over that anything has changed for the better.

binners

Fair enough. They have looked absolutely shite when I’ve seen ’em. I hope they continue that on Sunday

But is a new manager going to change that. They’re down already, I reckon

MrSparkle

QPR were something like 8th highest spending club in Europe at one point. Sparky seems to do better on no money aka the Allardyce syndrome.
    Twitcher is nailed on next manager.

rudebwoy
    Free Member

if a team is performing well but having no ‘luck’ fair enough– but if the performances are getting poorer , confidence goes and its downward spiral– allied with the huge premier league financial pressures, its a job for appy arry innit 😉

pete68
    Free Member

Well, as a Saints fan i’m very disappointed to hear this. Qpr actually made us look half decent.

edlong
    Free Member

They can have Colin W(a)nker back. In fact we’ll pay them, with filthy Arab lucre, to do so.

This +1,000,000

trailmonkey

QPR were something like 8th highest spending club in Europe at one point.

the point actually being a 30 second window on the 14th July 1974.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

The usual names of people who will largely make no difference to QPRs prospects will be bandied around not doubt. Talk about a closed shop looking after themselves.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Here’s Harry………..!

binners

…..now if you could just deposit my signing fee into this Swiss bank account in the name of Tiddles, my cat…..

😆

thered

He spent a load of money on every player he could and couldn’t build a team, it was predictable.

He did relatively well with Blackburn and appears to believe that he’s brilliant on that basis, maybe this will give him the reality check that he seems to need.

MrSparkle

the point actually being a 30 second window on the 14th July 1974.

Actually it was in the last 12 months.

trailmonkey

sorry – a 30 second window on the 14th July 2012

PrinceJohn

He became City manager & he thought Roque Santa Cruz would improve team…he’s still a City player (albeit on loan at Malaga….)

Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)

The topic ‘QPR sacks sparky’ is closed to new replies.