Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Qi
  • timdrayton
    Free Member

Is fantastic, along with mock the week and coast, that is all.

baldSpot
    Free Member

QI used to be really good but I think it has now become rather staid and predictable. Also, I now find that I can endure a lot less of Stephen Fry that I used too.

cullen-bay
    Free Member

it really is great.

mickasaki
    Free Member

Have you tried Paul Meurton in europe? surprisingly funny and i didn't even like the fella before!

silverpigeon
    Free Member

If we're talking comedy programmes…anyone else a fan of Modern Family?

Makes me laugh out loud

project
    Free Member

QI, quite interesting,very clever chap is our Stephen.

Barney_McGrew
    Free Member

Qi is indeed fantastic. Funny and informative. Who'd have thought it possible? 😀

awh
    Free Member

Best thing on a Friday. I'm a bit bored now, so I went on Google Earth to see if HMS Belfast's guns are really aimed at Scratchwood services!

jahwomble
    Free Member

Barry Humphries was surprisingly dull though…….

Jamie
    Free Member

Also, I now find that I can endure a lot less of Stephen Fry that I used too.

I have found this of late. Still a fan of Alan Davies tho.

delusional
    Free Member

QI, quite interesting,very clever chap is our Stephen.

Although he does seem to be a fairly clever chap, it's strange the amount of people I've sat and watched Qi with who seem to think that Mr Fry just knows all this stuff off the top of his head… as if the things you see on TV were somehow… real?

Never the less, quite an entertaining program, if only for that slightly smug feeling that somehow in partaking of a show that features *facts* of an esoteric type one is evidencing membership of an intellectually superior class. Ah, let me bask in my intelligence, for I understood Mr Fry and am surely smarter than Alan Davies (who is on TV don't you know) 🙂

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

I'm a bit bored now, so I went on Google Earth to see if HMS Belfast's guns are really aimed at Scratchwood services!

…and are they?

Brother_Will
    Free Member

Now i know where Jasper Fforde got his idea for the "Gravitube" from in his books

FeeFoo
    Free Member

As someone once said: Stephen Fry "A stupid person’s idea of what an intelligent person looks like”.

awh
    Free Member

…and are they?

Yes, within a few degrees using the ruler on my screen method! I would have to have a go on the guns to confirm though!

skidartist
    Free Member

seem to think that Mr Fry just knows all this stuff off the top of his head

He's presenting a TV show, just presenting the questions and answers. However unlike some other presenters he also understands and is interested in the things he's presenting. Thats whats enjoyable. Most presenters and 'personalities' aren't even listening to what they are saying let alone thinking about it, as Chris Morris very ably demonstrated in Brass Eye.

This current season of QI seemed to get off to a pretty shaky start, a distinct lack of spark in the first few episodes but its picked up momentum now.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Qi’ is closed to new replies.