• This topic has 147 replies, 34 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by DezB.
Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 148 total)
  • QECP Gravity Enduro Update 2
  • edoverheels
    Free Member

Thanks
    Enjoy your ride

dlr

Have forks finally but now also a ruined body so just emailed you Scott 🙁

scottfitz
    Free Member

Vid of dig weekend and a bit of testing. Its steeper than it looks in the vid!!!!!! 😯

kimbers

Hi scott when are the start times out?

also im probably gonna bring the family, is the cafe and kids area near the start/ car park etc

cheers

DezB
    Free Member

is the cafe and kids area near the start/ car park etc

Rumour has it it’s out the back of the park on the South Downs somewhere… I could be wrong, so I’ll shut up..

I hope to gawd it stays dry with all that off camber dirt in the vid!

scottfitz
    Free Member

kimbers – Member
    Hi scott when are the start times out?

also im probably gonna bring the family, is the cafe and kids area near the start/ car park etc

cheers
    Out tomorrow with a postcode to get to parking. (But you will start a 12 ish)

yep good one for the family. two of the stages (Stage 2&4) pass within 25 meters of the race village. We have at the race village, Food van, Ice cream bike, tea & coffee and cake stand. there is a big play area in the main park to but that is a 10 min drive away from the race. http://www3.hants.gov.uk/countryside/qecp/qecp-activities.htm

scottfitz
    Free Member

Rumour has it it’s out the back of the park on the South Downs somewhere… I could be wrong, so I’ll shut up..

yes you are right.

DrP

Looks acetastic – really looking forward to this!!

DrP

kimbers

cheers scott might actually get to see you at this one, maybe

scottfitz
    Free Member

kimbers – Member
    cheers scott might actually get to see you at this one, maybe

Maybe

covertbaz
    Free Member

Gutted I’ve now got to work and can’t make it 🙁

DezB
    Free Member

Email just arrived. Sweaty palms just reading it!

Nice that my race number is the same as my door number (121) 🙂

scottfitz
    Free Member

DezB – Member
    Email just arrived. Sweaty palms just reading it!

Nice that my race number is the same as my door number (121)
    That how i roll 😉

singletrackmind

Walked around there today.
    Its dry , dusty and rolling very fast.
    If racing best to wear some clear or very lightly tinted glasses .
    The transition from sunshine into heavy shade is very quick on a couple of sections.

Its also so dry the surface has cracks in it, and if following another racer there might be some dust hanging in the air.

I am marshalling so say ” Hi ROB ” if you see some idiot sporting a green plaster cast on their right wrist

m0rk
    Free Member

Really looking forward to this weekend now!

Well done Scott on the timings, I know the trails will rock!

DezB
    Free Member

Oh my, what a fantastic day. Massive thanks have to go to Scott and his team for putting on such a great event.
    I’m feeling totally battered after some big stacks, but feel great to have competed in something that was so much damn fun!
    Hopefully some photos and videos will appear soon…

and bring on the next one 🙂

m0rk
    Free Member

Easily the best race/event I’ve done in my cycling life – congratulation mate on running it so seamlessly.

My mate Glyn who got the free ride in the Ambulance is ‘fine’ – thanks to those who asked after him. Hopefully the helmet prize for ‘best crash’ will make the wounds heal better.

Thanks to the marshalls, and cake makers – good work!

splashdown
    Free Member

Wow….what a brilliant event guys 🙂
    Thanks to QECP Trail Collective for putting on such a fantastic event – really looking forward to the next one 🙂

DezB
    Free Member

if anyone Strava’ed the tracks, can they post up the lengths of the stages and the transition please!
    ta

m0rk
    Free Member

Transition was http://app.strava.com/segments/4630338

2.8km & 109m elevation

I’ll work out the others shortly from http://app.strava.com/activities/68775535

edoverheels
    Free Member

Agree with above
    Well done Trail Collective. Had a really good day, however practicing all four stages and then all four race runs has left me very tired now. Superbly organised and really friendly event set in lovely woods. Thanks to everyone.

AnyExcuseToRide
    Free Member

Bloody good day! Really did enjoy that and look forward to finding out the results.
    Steve + whoever else was behind the organisation certainly deserve a pat on the back… providing all goes well with timing and results 😉 (unlike previous enduros ive been to)

Strava here if it helps…
    http://app.strava.com/activities/68752832

AnyExcuseToRide
    Free Member

im going to guess whoever has creatd the stages in segments on strava from today has put the start or finish in the wrong places…

p7rich
    Free Member

Excellent day.What a wicked event. All that despite crashing out with a bad sprain on S2 and still in pain now – still had a fantastic day. Looking forward to next year already. Thanks QECP Collective. 😀 😀

AnyExcuseToRide
    Free Member

m0rk – are you the bike painter fella i was chatting to while you were waiting for your wife to come down? if so well done on your 3rd place man! and her 1st place! impressive

m0rk
    Free Member

Nah, not me – I’m somewhere down in the noise in the results I’m sure!

DezB
    Free Member

cheers m0rk!

gp
    Free Member

It was fantastic, really enjoyable and I am completely broken… Will the results be online soon? I had to leave straight after….

gary

As above – great work guys. Impressed by how smoothly everything went given then single transition and start point.

Next time I need to being fresher legs, can you try and avoid the end of the Rapha Rising challenge next year 🙂

Lummox

As others have said brilliant event and I too am broken, started another thread but this one seems to be where it’s at.

Big pat on the back to the qecp collective, awesome job

Al (no 138)

davosaurusrex

Top work Collective fellas! Great day despite 3 crashes, 2 trips through the tape when I missed turns and a near head on with a couple of Network Rail vans (!? – think they had a depot up the fireroad) towards the end of stage 1 removing any chance of a respectable finish. Absolutely rinsed by the end but if you organise any more I’ll be signing up. Great trails, slick organisation

kimbers

cheers Collective had an awesome day, really good vibe and great riding

it was a bit up and down, trashed my front wheel and helmet, but got a free t-shirt

won a track pump in the raffle but took over an hour to break into my car and retrieve my keys but managed it without trashing a lock or breaking a window!

im still smiling, if a bit bruised

DezB
    Free Member

Took a few iPhone photos on the day before the race – nice memory joggers until the official photos turn up (duno why the linked ones show sideways!)

AnyExcuseToRide
    Free Member

*waves* at Kimbers (chris?) I am will … Stu’s friend with the Ibis who was standing with you guys at the end and won the helmet. Glad you got your keys out in the end!

(No. 15)

Green

Great event, well organised, friendly crowd an great trails. Good job QECP collective.

clump
    Free Member

Well done Scott and all the Collective, top event.
    Same time next year?

kimbers

cheers anus was all good in the end

jasonlaw
    Free Member

Yep – great day all round 😀
    Great trails, really smoothly run, top food and folk in the village and really good vibe.

Well done the collective!

Stuuey

Thanks guys had a great time. Excellent routes and very well organised.

Looking forward to the night time enduro Scott 😉

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 148 total)

The topic ‘QECP Gravity Enduro Update 2’ is closed to new replies.