• This topic has 58 replies, 21 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by smiff.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 59 total)
  • QECP Enduro July, who's in?
  • davosaurusrex

Just booked 3 spots in Vets for Fat Ginger Racing, hoping not to be injured this time! Who else is going?

m0rk
    Free Member

I’m in!

Entered Hardtail, probably on my Fat Bike

m0rk
    Free Member

Looks like I might have got the last entry too – Sold out!

https://moredirt.digitickets.co.uk/event/1010470?catID=3653

jambalaya
    Free Member

9:29 Sold out 😥

OP how did you book an hour ago, entires opened at 9 ?

@scot YGM wait list please

davosaurusrex

Opened at 8, even then the site appeared to have issues, kept trying to reload and the countdown timer reset from zero to five minutes, was OK when that expired though

jambalaya
    Free Member

@davo thanks, now I’m even more gutted as I thought it was 9, I’ve just seen Facebook notification from earlier. I was up and about and waiting till 9 doh ! Too stupid to enter 🙁

tallie
    Free Member

I missed out too – maybe for the best though as the rest of my team from the Day into Night (best crash winner and best write up winner respectively) were unavailable so I’d have been riding solo.

davosaurusrex

Unlucky, that is gutting

jambalaya
    Free Member

Riding solo who cares really, of course best to be with mates but plenty of friendly riders to chat with I am sure

tallie
    Free Member

Just trying to look on the bright side JB…

jambalaya
    Free Member

Understood, I am feeling like a total numpty, should have checked Facebook or entry site earlier and even then tried before 9:29. Totally my fault

eranu
    Free Member

You can always go on the standby list or help marshal 🙂

Lummox

Me and my buddy are in after missing out last year.

An hour and half to sell out is bonkers. Shows there is a healthy appetite for these events down south, surprised someone hasn’t capitalised on it like the Gravity project have with their Honey series

smatkins1
    Free Member

I’m in 🙂

mattbee

I’m in with the wife. Gone for Masters as my 21st place in Fun for the Day/Night would have put me in exactly the same position in Masters so thought why the flip not…

tymbian
    Free Member

I’m in…50+ super vets. my first Gravity Enduro…I hope they go gentle with me.

scottfitz
    Free Member

Selling out in 1 1/2 hours is mental!
    Anyway for reserve list email scott@qecptrailcollective.co.uk
    or we always need marshals 😉

kiksy
    Free Member

After missing out on, or being unavailable for just about every enduro race so far this year, I set my alarm and got a ticket at 8:01 for the QECP race.

I’ve never ridden QECP before, watched some videos on Youtube of last years race, looks quite peddally, anyone got any tips for riding there?

joefm

Pedal. But serious – less uphill this year please?

Short loop and the enduro isnt in the park.

davosaurusrex

Are the trails going to be changed this year Scott?

scottfitz
    Free Member

There is less uphill in stages than last year and more downhill.

scottfitz
    Free Member

At the moment the plan is for 5 stages, thanks to the new timing system!

joefm

Good stuff!

kimbers

Oh yeah ! I’m excited, forecast is for slidy off camber corners and sketchy roots !

chrishc777
    Free Member

Gutted I missed out this year. Just got in last year, there were about 5 places left when I entered. Thought I’d better get in there earlier this year so logged on at around 11..

superfli
    Free Member

Conditions were almost perfect last night after a few rain showers. However, it is forecast to chuck it down tomorrow 🙂
    Word of advise, stick something like a Butcher/Minion on front. Fat and grippy. It wont be muddy, but it will be slippy, so the larger the surface+contact area, the better! Rear, I use a Nevegal X, but also Nobby Nic (DD snakeskin) or Mountain King, not so crucial. Not many rocks, so unlikely to puncture, but dont go too light. 29er can get away with NN front and rear.

Good luck all! I’m away on my summer hols (as I always am for the summer enduro!) It’ll be a great event

scottfitz
    Free Member

I will be there in the rain tomorrow taping the trail. For some reason I’m really looking forward to it 🙂

manmurray

Definitely looking forward to it, despite the predicted soggyness tomorrow/Sunday! Can’t be any more slippy than the day/night practice…can it?? 😉

davosaurusrex

Hmmm,I was thinking of putting the Shorty on the front. Too much?

davosaurusrex

Scott – doubt I’ll practice more than two stages as my wrist is still knackered from an interface with a tree earlier this year (not sure it’ll last the day). Which ones would be best?

scottfitz
    Free Member

Stages 2 & 3 proberly have the most new bits

scottfitz
    Free Member

Shorty on front and trail tire on back will be a good combo.

The worst time for grip at QECP is the day after it rains. Rain on the day should just make it fun/funny 😉

davosaurusrex

Ta. Stage 2 caught me out last year as I hadn’t practised it

kiksy
    Free Member

After breaking my forks last week in France and then panic ebaying everything in sight to buy some new forks, I’m now set for Sunday!

Only ridden QECP once, and it was brief. You guys reckon a High Roller/ Nobby Nic combo good enough for wet use there?

smatkins1
    Free Member

This weather’s certainly going to make things interesting!

mattbee

HR/NN will be fine. Wife will be on NN front and rear, I’ll be on Vigilantes.
    Doubt it will be too muddy as trails were bone dry and tomorrow’s sun/wind combo should dry them out again before Sunday’s rain.
    Rooty and chalky bits will be as slippy as ever in the wet I’d expect.
    Low pressures in tyres, confidence in their grip, light on the brakes & steering input and armour in case it all goes wrong. Should be great fun!

s101
    Free Member

I’ve just recently loaded a magic mary and hans dampf on. After first test ride last week think they are going to be good for sunday in these conditions.

scottfitz
    Free Member

HR/NN should be fine it would be muddy (ground is still hard) but it will be sloppy. Low tire pressure is good advice.

kimbers

Forecast has not improved and I’ve pulled my back, its gonna be a tough one

davosaurusrex

Yeah but the chances of you folding your front wheel like a soggy pretzel two years in a row are slim so y’know, every cloud.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 59 total)

The topic ‘QECP Enduro July, who's in?’ is closed to new replies.