Viewing 13 posts - 161 through 173 (of 173 total)
  • Q cars – what would you have?
  • singletrackmind

Nissan Stagea?
    2.5t RB skyline engine and driveline in a goppingly ugly mahooosive estate.
    Cheap and tunable to silly power levels.
    Only spotty nerds know what they are underneath

muddyfunster
    Free Member

singletrackmind

Nissan Stagea?
    2.5t RB skyline engine and driveline in a goppingly ugly mahooosive estate.
    Cheap and tunable to silly power levels.
    Only spotty nerds know what they are underneath

I think the fact that it looks exactly like a skyline from the front might just be a giveaway as to it’s true nature. They are truly horrendous looking cars too – like some one rear ended a skyline in a volvo.

aP
    Free Member

Does anyone remember when Car magazine turbocharged a Citroen 2CV?
    That would be a good q-car, although I seem to remember it did catch fire…

bigphilblackpool
    Free Member

Passat w8 if you can find one 280bhp standard and no daft spoilers etc just looks like ur average derv!!! Blackpools full of sleepers, theres a young lad in a micra steel wheels and a huge exhaust, i thought id give him a do in my fezzer rs and i was gobsmacked!!!! Pulled up alongside him, “whats in that pal” pulsar lunp 4×4 drivetrain running 300 odd bhp, theres also a golf estate rat look mk4 tdi, but it houses a 2.5tdi from a audi with fettled internals blower and ecu, he stil gets 30-40 mpg and its running daft torqe figures, allways see him flying about embarrassing focus rs es and vxrs, oh also zafira vxr de badged thatd be fun!!!!

grahamt1980

2 cars that people have mentioned sound awesome.
    The type R mini would be unreal to drive.

However the Nemesis/Tomcat in a defender bodyshell is something I would def get built if I had the money, that would be an amazing vehicle

alaric

No-one expects 300= bhp in a short wheelbase 4×4, bonnet scoops etc or not…

nicko74

58k on the clock. Wowzers.

So it’ll be due for its 6th set of front tyres in about 2k miles? Does look chuffing nice though.

Polo G60?

How about a Corrado G60? Not Q enough?

muddyfunster
    Free Member

nicko74

It’s a coupe.

BadlyWiredDog

Corrados aren’t really Q, but there are fair few about with R32 motors in and some turboed and supercharged VR6s around too. Not so much ‘Q’ as just not particularly well recognised. They look kind of sporty though. So not.

A mk2 GTi with a VR6 or a tweaked 1.8T in maybe. Or the Mk3 Golf VR6, though Mk3s are mostly awful.

There was a Focus ST170 Estate for a few years as well, quick-ish.

And a G40 Polo with an uprated charger…

BrickMan

IF you want a bit of ridiculousness then head over to TurboBricks (RWD turbo volvo forum), this piece of LS1 twin turbo insanity was put together about 4/5years ago, hell knows what they are doing now.

Sandwich

Golf Mark 3 Gti 16V engine was reputedly stronger than the VR6 when first put together. VW told the engineers to de-rate it, there were a whole host of them breathed on by the tuning boys that went like greased pooh off a shiny shovel. My tuned cars always run standard wheels to keep the ride reasonable on lowered suspension.
    It must be possible to slot a 3.2l TT engine into a modern base model golf with tuned suspension for a whole bundle of laughs.

timc
    Free Member

that volvette is amazing

sensible(ish) option? 335d/335i se spec touring

matthewjb
    Free Member

This was the original Q car

Not a spoiler in sight.

Viewing 13 posts - 161 through 173 (of 173 total)

The topic ‘Q cars – what would you have?’ is closed to new replies.