Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Pyrenees and Northern Spain recommendations
  • ichabod
    Free Member

Hi all, does anyone have any tips or recommendations for biking there? Planning a trip for a couple of weeks so any advice on must-do rides etc or good areas would be really useful.. taking trail bikes but might also do a little bit of lift accessed stuff if available. Cheers!

PolisherMan

Check Ainsa and the Zona Zero trails. SO good, we were there last July, going back this October. You need to be able to ride uphill though…

mogrim

Doug to the forum!

simons_nicolai-uk
    Free Member

Amazing riding right across the Spanish Pyrenees. Book with Basque MTB for guiding on the best trails.

The Zona Zero trails are marked and you can ride from town but there are also some people running uplift. IIRC you need to pre-book and have enough of you to make worth their while (or tag along with another group).

doug_basqueMTB.com

Hey guys and thanks for the recommendations! First of all, when are you going? Please don´t make the classic UK mistake of turning up to Zona Zero in August, it´s just absolutely roasting for riding and not the best time of year to go at all. At that time of the year you have to start early and get high if you want to ride the southern Pyrenees and be really aware of the weather as it can change in a flash in the afternoon. Other than that ZZ is a great spot and there are lots of marked trails if you don´t mind pedalling. It really depends on what time of the year you want to go as to where is good as there are a few spots all along the Pyrenees and down to the coast. Drop me a mail and if I can help without revealing any of our secrets then I will!

We do a trip there in autumn and spring, called the Backcountry Pyrenees which joins together several different valleys and passes through Zona Zero. That´s all booked up until 2018 I´m afraid. We also do trips over winter, called our Winter Enduro, which is based in Ainsa and uses uplift to ride most of the good trails there in a few days and spend the other 3 days out of the area exploring the unmarked trails. We have spaces on that because I´ve just announced the dates recently. Winter is a far better time (in my opinion) to ride in ZZ than in summer.

I hope that helps. Like I say if you drop me a mail I´ll do what I can to point you in the right direction without revealing my secrets!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Pyrenees and Northern Spain recommendations’ is closed to new replies.