• This topic has 15 replies, 14 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by jsync.
Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Puzzle of the Reverb & Shimano brake
  • tomaso
    Free Member

Has anyone got a solution to this quandry? Its almost as though incompatibility was part of the design brief.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Lever position? On the missus bikes it fits fine with SLX and XT.
    Got a pic of your problem?

Northwind

Reverb lever is massive and awkward tbh- I’ve got it fitted so everything works but it seems to be designed to want to go in the same place as most brakes. (with Formula in my case) Not too happy tbh but it does the job.

ridewhenever
    Free Member

I like them fitted inbound, above if you have a shifter with the button pointing just downward enough so the adjuster clears the brake body. Double win because it makes bleeding the remote super easy.

underneath it works either side as long as you leave enough room for the button to clear the brake clamp.

legend
    Free Member

mikewsmith – Member
    Lever position? On the missus bikes it fits fine with SLX and XT.
    Got a pic of your problem?

Likewise here, the missus has it under on the left with a proper mix n match combo of X-7 shifter and new XT brake

Goldigger
    Free Member

Doesn’t work to well with 9spd xtr shifters in the way..it will only fit in one position.. Inboard.
    Fits inline with xt 785 brakes though..

alandavidpetrie79
    Free Member

RH remote mounted upside down on the LH side, works for me:

stuartlangwilson
    Free Member

I have a RH lever mounted on the left between grip and XTR 10 speed ispec brake and shifter. It’s a bit tight and you can only downshift by pushing the wee lever forwards.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Opposite way round from Alan above, as I like to single finger brake, so brake has to be further inboard.

SOAP
    Free Member

olly2097
    Free Member

I have mine like SOAP.

I moved it when I got the bike.
    Can change gear fine. Thumb does reverb and the grips are free for my hands. No probs.

legend
    Free Member

In order of priority for setup position for me (with remote under on the left). Brake > Reverb > Frobt Shifter. Can’t think of a situation where I’ve ever had to get to the front shifter in an emergency, so much happier to compromise that than the other two

zero-cool
    Free Member

LH remote under the right side tight to the grip, then a at brake and X9 shifter on the inside.
    TBH I have found it amazing that the Reverb remote(most awkward design ever) fits better with My new xT brakes than the Avid Elixers I had before. It’s like the Avid, SRAM & Rockshox designed their products completely I dependants to each other

mintimperial

Yeah, I’ve done what SOAP’s done, the angle is flat enough that the button is about as well protected as it would be mounted upside down and it’s easy to reach everything. Works better than the other variation I have which is like alandavidpetrie79’s but with Formula brakes and a LH shifter, and places the button way to far inboard to reach easily.

I reckon there’s definitely a market for a better reverb lever…

tomaso
    Free Member

I think it is the i-spec b shifter mounted on the SLX brake that is causing the issue and the RH lever on the left under the bar…

Inboard may be the way to go in future…

jsync

Here’s mine, left to right….

Deore brake
    Bar mount SLX shifter
    Righthand reverb upside down on left

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Puzzle of the Reverb & Shimano brake’ is closed to new replies.