Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • pushloc- worth it?
  • jonb
    Free Member

Extra £30 ish pounds on a set of u-turn revs. Does it just lock out the forks?

I like the ETA on my current forks that locks them down but I’m not sure would have much use just to lock them out.

Have you got it and do you think it’s worth it.

Also if I get the forks with it on can it be easily removed or do I need replacement parts. If I can remove it easily I may just get it and decide for myself.

Tiboy

I think it’s just a different lock-out lever, more substantial, and durable.

Chase
    Free Member

Had one on some older Revs. I thought it was a waste of time. I never really found the need to lock them out, but the one thing it does do is set your compression with the tension in the cable. In the end I removed it and used the barrel end of a gear cable through the hole in the fork crown to set the compression instead.

nukeproof
    Free Member

Also if I get the forks with it on can it be easily removed or do I need replacement parts.

Need replacement parts.

With the non-Pushloc you can just lean down and lock the forks out with a twist.

I’ve got two sets of Revs, one with Pushloc and one without: nice to have the bar mounted lever but I don’t miss it on the set without

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

I chucked mine away – useless thing IMO

I sit and spin on climbs and bob is not an issue for me.

clubber
    Free Member

i think it’s great. Means that i can set up my fork nice and active with the option to lock or significantly add compression damping (depending on the floodgate setting) with the flick of a switch without having to take a hand off the bars

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

So maybe its another preference thing – I have the fork set up active and bouncy but dont ever find bob an issue climbing so don’t need the poplock

nukeproof
    Free Member

but dont ever find bob an issue climbing so don’t need the poplock

TBH I don’t use pushloc on long, sit and spin climbs as the fork locks out full extended and I prefer the front to be able to sag down allowing the front to be as low as possible. Weight isn’t as heavily on the front on a climb so bob not much of an issue either.

When I do use Pushloc is on short steep out of the saddle all the weight at the front stuff whether that be road or offroad.

jonb
    Free Member

Gone without. FYI Merlin have 2009 U-turn revs for £300. Only got 185mm steerer but that’s good enough for me.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘pushloc- worth it?’ is closed to new replies.