Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Pushing the button on a Piglet but which forks?
  • emmodd
    Free Member

Having just finished building my (relatively) light ’08 Patriot, i’ve decided that my hefty NS HT is too burly and so I need a more lightweight HT to complement the Orange.

I’m going to start by going for a Ragley Piglet frame which is lighter and accomodates a shorter travel fork than the NS, so will also need to replace the forks (before moving on to the drive chain etc).

The difficulty is I don’t know what forks to go for. The frame is adjusted for 120mm fork and I really don’t want to have to break the bank so something upto £350 (max) is what i’m after.

I want something fairly lightweight but no xc light. Any suggestions?

Thanks.

druidh
    Free Member

Reba Team Maxle Lites usually get the nod. Shop around for a deal somewhere?

Stuey01
    Free Member

Reba Team Maxle Lites usually get the nod. Shop around for a deal somewhere?

You’d be lucky. The cheapest I can find them is £499. If you find them cheaper please let me know!

sefton
    Free Member

whats the weight of the pigglet frame?

druidh
    Free Member

Stuey01 – Member
    > Reba Team Maxle Lites usually get the nod. Shop around for a deal > > somewhere?
    You’d be lucky. The cheapest I can find them is £499. If you find them cheaper please let me know!

http://www.bikescene.co.uk/Rockshox-Reba-Team-120mm-Maxle-Lite-Poploc-1340-0-0.html ??

http://www.jejamescycles.co.uk/rockshox-reba-team-item147801.html ??

brant
    Free Member

Depends what size.

I seem to remember a 16in one was about 5lb 4oz.

Lightest steel Ragley so far is the 14in Blue Pig X with standard dropouts – just 5lb!

woody2000

Revelation RL

Can be dropped from 150mm to 120mm I think, and less than £300

sefton
    Free Member

not the lightest frames are they!

chakaping
    Free Member

I have got a secondhand Reba Team w/maxle to sell, email in profile if interested.

Superb fork and in VGC.

emmodd
    Free Member

Any other suggestions on the frame front then? Don’t want your typical hardcore hardtail and don’t want an xc racer. The Piglet seems to fit the bill but open to suggestions.

sefton
    Free Member

piglet
    soul
    rocklobster

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Pushing the button on a Piglet but which forks?’ is closed to new replies.