Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • PUSH tuning on coil forks
  • bowglie

Has anyone had their coil sprung Pikes or Revelations PUSHed?

If so, how do you find the forks now? Is there a noticeable improvement in damping?

retro83
    Free Member

if you notice the forks getting out of whack on fast bumpy descents but you can't open the rebound any more without making the fork like a pogo stick – then yes it is a great improvement!

If you're the type of person who sticks the adjusters in the middle and hopes for the best then probably not. 🙂

UK-FLATLANDER

I'm thinking of getting my Pike done too, so would be interested in any feedback on PUSH.

messiah
    Free Member

Use the search facility as I'm not going to type it all out again.

STATO
    Free Member

Ive got pushed pikes and normal pikes and what retro said above is prob the best summary you could read. Basically it really helps when your pushing the forks to the limit, like big rockgardens, flat-out wheel destroying descents etc. If your just using them as long travel xc forks its really not worth the money as the upgraded rebound (and thats all a 'PUSH' tune is) wont even come into play.

bowglie

OK, thanks for the feedback – esp. retro & stato. Comment regarding rockgardens is very relevant, as that's the sort of terrain I'm finding the fork (Rev's) gets out of shape. The worst places tend to be riding at moderate to fast speed where there are fist sized rocks embedded into the trail surface – depending on where the rebound damping is set, fork starts to feel either solid or too 'pingy'. It's a shame because the back end of the bike (Pace 405) handles that terrain really well – and the fork is fine elsewhere. But, as I live in the Peak District, there's quite a few rock gardens!

So, if I've got this right, the PUSH damping is speed sensitive, so it'll avoid having to stop and re-adjust the damping (which I normally find a bit hit and miss)?

BadlyWiredDog

I've got a Pushed Dual Air Pike on the front of a 405 and it's ace on fast, rocky stuff like, er, Potato Ally for example, where the standard Pike tended to get overwhelmed. TFT give you a recommended set up for your weight and riding, I found the rebound setting was spot on and haven't touched it since though I do run around 5psi less pressure in both positive and negative than they suggest. One of the best upgrades I've done, but as above comments, depends on where and how your ride. HTH.

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

same here. I also run mine 5 -10 psi lower than was recommended.

bowglie

Cheers for the additional comments. Sounds a worthwhile modification for me (certainly cheaper than buying new forks).

BadlyWiredDog

You won't necessarily like this, but if you have the older, QR Revs, then upgrading to a Maxle Rev or a Pike will also make an appreciable difference on the rubbly stuff. You might find it makes sense to sell your Revs and upgrade then Push the new forks? The 405 does seem to work really well with Pikes.

bowglie

You might find it makes sense to sell your Revs and upgrade then Push the new forks?

Aye, in a perfect world I would get a better 'black box damped' maxle fork – but £20k's worth of ongoing re-roof and other house renovations has completely blown any bike upgrades out of the water for the forseeable (hard enough getting the dosh together for the PUSH upgrade…er, hence my original query).

dirtbiker100
    Free Member

i'm thinking the same as this but with 2008 air rev's (QR), not coil ones. they need a service anyway and i'm very tempted. they do get a bit dead in the rocky stuff. and i often go out of my way to find the rocky stuff so its very tempting…

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘PUSH tuning on coil forks’ is closed to new replies.