Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Purbecks riders – fancy being filmed by a quadcopter?
  • user-removed
    Free Member

My photographer mate has been getting busy with his Phantom ‘copter and GoPro. He wants to film some mtb-ers doing their rad thang, preferrably somewhere in the Purbecks. If you’d like some ariel footage of you and your mates riding, let me know and I’ll pass on contact details. Ta!

singletrackstinker
    Free Member

I could be interested and could probably find another person or two to get involved as long as dates work.

My knowledge of the Purbecks is relatively limited though so wouldn’t be able to recommend where we go…

I’ve sent you a quick email with my details on.

Edit: and while I remember, i’m no steve peat.

user-removed
    Free Member

Cheers for that – anyone else? Think it’s a case of the more the merrier.

72hours
    Free Member

Screw the riders…get his to film along the Jurassic coast – I’d love to see a durdle door fly through, or an old harry’s aerial/sea perspective!

nedrapier

Try Charlie the Bikemonger and Trole Industries.

user-removed
    Free Member

72 Hours – he’s done that! Results are on Facebook and probably on YouTube 🙂

Ned – good info thanks – I’ll pass it on.

user-removed
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kK7d4NtRUfI&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/video]

grum
    Free Member

Any idea how much the rig cost and how hard it is to fly?

user-removed
    Free Member

Couldn’t say with much certainty but the copter is about 1K, then you need a gimbal thing to hang the camera from, and the camera itself. I suspect flying them takes a bit of getting used to – I couldn’t even fly my £20 special round the living room without endangering lives / ornaments…

grum
    Free Member

Ah, bit beyond me then I think. Would be ace for bikey videos though.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Purbecks riders – fancy being filmed by a quadcopter?’ is closed to new replies.