Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Pump for travelling
  • matts
    Free Member

Anyone have experiences with small pumps with pressure gauge that would be suitable for taking away on holiday when space is at a premium?

I don’t want to take the Rennkompressor, but I’d like something that I can keep at base camp that is easier than a micro-pump to use pre-ride.

Options seem to be:

Lezyne Micro Floor Drive HPG
    Topeak Road Morph G
    M:Part Evolution+
    Giant Control Mini Combo

Opinions?

dovebiker

I have a couple of the Lezyne MFD for 5+ yrs – both HP and LP and are robust and reliable – the gauge is a bit vague and can stick though.

smashit
    Free Member

Lezyne Micro Floor Drive is an awesome bit of kit. Been using mine guiding for several years now. Gauge is more of a ‘guideline’ than real accuracy but more than enough for quick top ups.
    Lezyne also does a ‘travel floor drive’ if you have more space. A smaller but still proper track pump.

FuzzyWuzzy

I have both the Topeak and Lezyne and wouldn’t want to do a lot of pumping with either (Topeak is slightly better IMO at high pressures), they’re both more improved versions of hand pumps rather than mini track pumps. If one of the pricey true mini track pumps isn’t an option (e.g. https://www.evanscycles.com/lezyne-travel-floor-drive-track-pump-EV163122 ) then I’d go with the Topeak and prepare for a workout.

nosedive
    Free Member

Decathalon foot pump with optional double head was my choice. Cost about £13 and small enough to live in the van

matts
    Free Member

I don’t go more than 100psi on my road bike, so don’t need super-high pressure. But I do use latex tubes, so will need to top up every day I ride. (should hopefully be 5 or 6 times in a 2 week holiday).

We have a huge tent for 4 people and all the clobber in a Mk4 golf. So it really does have to be as small as poss.

then I’d go with the Topeak and prepare for a workout.

Thanks. It’s also cheaper.

PJay
    Free Member

My Lezyne micro floor pump is the best I’ve had (I’ve got the High Volume HGP version); I’m very pleased with it.

matts
    Free Member

Thanks people. I’ve grabbed a Road Morph.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Pump for travelling’ is closed to new replies.