Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Pulling to the left…
  • DickBarton

Friend has an Orange Five Diva…unsure of year but it looks nice. However, riding it along and it seems to keep wanting to pull the left.
    Wheels are in nice and tight, shock/fork pressures appear to be in order and apart from a small tweak needed to the headset (every so slightly loose), I can’t work out why it is doing this.
    Hoses and cables are all long enough so isn’t something that is stretched.

Any ideas? Is more evident at slow speedsand only pulls left. Still there at speed but very slight.

northshoreniall

Tyre pressure? i notice mine pulling to the side if my front tyre pressure bit lower than used to, is really quite noticeable and took me while to figure out on my new bike recently.

jam-bo

Misaligned frame?

kilo

borked headset bearings/ race?

kayak23

Left arm shorter?

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Quite simply, vote leave. That’ll sort it out, IDS told me that.

DickBarton

Will check tyres but they feel over-inflated to me…I’m about 3 stone heavier and they don’t appear to deflect much when I’m on the bike.
    Frame hasn’t been crashed and it has only happened recently…not since new.
    It isn’t a strong pull like bars are turning 90 degrees, just bike seems to want to roll over to the left.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Slight bend in handlebars? I’d agree with something headset/bearing/race related.

stuey
    Free Member

Wheel dish off – try swapping wheels out (?)

milky1980
    Free Member

If you’ve never owned/worked on a 5 you may not know it’s quirks regards to setup so try working through this list:

Check the pivot bearing aren’t shot, my 5 pulls one side under pedalling when one dies or needs regreasing.
    Also check the swingarm bolts haven’t elongated allowing the arm to move on the bearing, this gives the same feeling.
    Finally check the swingarm is aligned with the frame, it’s easy to have the rear wheel ‘crabbing’ after a bearing replacement or removing the shock. You should ideally have the rear shock mount drop into the swingarm mount without putting any sideload into the shock and the centre of the rear wheel should line up with the centre of the seatpost, easiest to check with the tyre off (presuming the rear wheel is dished correctly, switch it backwards to test).

Unlike a lot of bikes with complicated linkages etc it can all be adjusted by loosening the pivot clamps and ‘tapping’ the swingarm with a rubber mallet 😆

EDIT: just to add if the swingarm is misaligned or bent then it has the effect of putting your weight off-centre when riding straight so causing the bike to turn one way or the other.

porter_jamie

incorrectly fitted slackset?

Stoner
    Free Member

I once shagged a vegan too.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Pulling to the left…’ is closed to new replies.