Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Pulled the valve through the rim now it wont seal
  • WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Running my wheel tubeless and through the power of being an oaf I have managed to pull the valve through the wheel rim.

A little plastic collar also fell out. This looks like it should just push into the rim to fill the gap between the inside and outside of the wheel so the valve slots through it. It is not a full circle so the little gap allows it to be squashed into the rim and fit quite tightly.

If I don’t fit the collar the valve seats okay but as soon as I put pressure in the tyre it pops through the rim.

If I fit the collar the air leaks out of the little gap.

Is the collar broken and the gap shouldn’t be there or am I missing something?

Tracker1972
    Free Member

No idea I am afraid but the Bonty ones I use (in Bonty wheels so might/might not fit?) have a metal flange and o-ring so you couldn’t repeat the error if you need to replace…
    What wheels? Might help someone who does know…

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Not sure of the rim. Disc specific and fitted to a Phil Wood hub so probably decent. I bought the hub and the rim came with it but no labels.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Pulled the valve through the rim now it wont seal’ is closed to new replies.