Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Pug 308 SW auto (2015)
  • slowjo
    Free Member

Mrs Slowjo is in line for a new car and is rather taken with the Pug 308 SW. As her left knee is causing her serious amounts of grief (particularly when driving) she is keen to go for an auto box.

Assuming Peugeot have sorted their electrical issues out…any reason why this is not a reasonable buy? We have looked at and tried other makes but she keeps coming back to the 308.

There are plenty of reviews but none that I can find for the (mid range) diesel auto. Is there anything (bad) I should be aware of?

trail_rat
    Free Member

peugeots – plagued by no more and no less electrical issues than any other vehicle IME.

Dont talk to me about VW electrical issues.

Dont talk to my dad about merc electrical issues.

I like the look of them too ill be honest. the interiors have come on leaps and bounds the last few years.

munrobiker
    Free Member

They’re pretty revolting looking, is that a good enough thing to be aware of?

trail_rat
    Free Member

Looks about as revolting as any other bland eurobox from any of them – pug/cit/vw/merc/skoda/bmw etc. they all look the same these days anyway.

br
    Free Member

Auto’s are brill, no idea what new Pugs are like – probably not as good/outstanding as the old (309gti and Mi16) ones that I had in the past.

trail_rat
    Free Member

something i will add.

i am a self confessed peugeot /citroen fan. i like their quirky designs and their cheap to fix/easy to work on’ness

I would not how ever buy a brand new forecourt french car with my own money.

its not german so the sheep tendancy in people means that the depreciation is harsh.

bought a 3 year old 30k miles £12000 when new car for £3500 off a forecourt ! – 6 years/75k later its still going strong bar consumables and one dash radio insert.

somouk
    Free Member

Just check what type of auto box it is as if it’s an old CVT style then it may be quite bad for transmission loss and effect fuel consumption etc.

Drac

peugeots – plagued by no more and no less electrical issues than any other vehicle IME.
    Dont talk to me about VW electrical issues.

Here is a list of the electrical issues I’ve had on all my VWs including a 12 year old Passat with 120k.

Here ends the list.

I’ve not got enough time in my life to list the ones with my 307.

trail_rat
    Free Member

you seem to have quoted then modified my post. how witty.

i stand by the original version.

my golf was an absolute pile of shite backed up by terrible dealer network who seemed to think i owed them something for buying a car from them.

luckily i have not needed the dealers with any of my various french cars over the years.

I must have got lucky with them all if your statistical anaylsis is accurate

slowjo
    Free Member

Re depreciation…..we tend to buy cars and run them into the ground. Our last new car was a 2001 Berlingo and it has been fantastic. A little bit scruffy now but as a do it all car it is/has been brilliant. It only has about 140k on the clock so is almost new by our standards but….as Mrs S needs to move to an auto it is sadly, due for the chop before its time.

Sadly, there seem to be very few of these cars out there (s/h), with an auto box.

If I had my way….

andyl
    Free Member

Peugeot admittedly went back to the old 306 formula for the new 308 after the 307 disaster. It is a bit bland but it’s not ugly and the reviews look okay. Residuals will struggle on just about any French car compared to german based rivals but you might have luck haggling. I am guessing an auto might be difficult to get hold of used.

slowjo
    Free Member

Getting an auto seems to be like the proverbial moon on a stick request!

Drac

must have got lucky with them all if your statistical anaylsis is accurate

I guess so as I had never had an issue at all with any of my VAG.

The Peugeot 307 was awful, electric faults, known gear box faults and other problems all of which the dealer wasn’t interested in or Peugeot UK.

VW and Audi have dealers have bent over backwards to help me when they’ve gone for service, one went for a check for identified problem VW were doing an inspection on following a report of possible faults (can’t recall what it was). I took the car down and they ran me into town then picked me up. Turns out mine was Ok. They didn’t ignore the issue like Peugeot did.

Oh I’ll add my 306 was bloody great car no major faults at all.

trail_rat
    Free Member

sounds like i have your peugeot dealer for a vw dealer – my vw leaked more than my land rover which wreacked havoc with the electrics

boot lid , sunroof

oh and the 307 was a terrible car.

Drac

oh and the 307 was a terrible car.

Yeah it started out Ok wasn’t bad then it went downhill badly it’s put me off Peugeots for life.

I’ve used 3 VW dealers now and all been good. I’m sat in waiting on my new Golf being delivered from Cardiff they rang me this am to give a rough time it’ll be delivered.

chrisdiesel
    Free Member

I’ve just got a brand new Peugeot 308 sw GT line 2.0L AUTO as my company car for my mum in the electric blue colour in all the adverts.
    Really nice car. Engine is a well proven unit and the gearbox is Lexus/Toyota derived and both have used before in the DS5 before so no issues.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Pug 308 SW auto (2015)’ is closed to new replies.