Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Public service announcement – the Chilterns are DRY!
  • ormondroyd
    Free Member

In MARCH!

Life is good 🙂

ormondroyd
    Free Member

(gratuitous red kite pic? Okay)

auricgoldfinger

mmmmm..looks sweet. Haven’t been up there for a long while since moving from Caversham. Will have to get up there for a ride again soon.

Stoner
    Free Member

ormondroyd!!! very, very, very long time no hear/see!
    You still riding that gate-sized IF?

ormondroyd
    Free Member

That’ll be a yes 🙂

ormondroyd
    Free Member

(and yes, I’m still using those girly Nanoraptors… but I’ve never, ever been able to ride them in March before)

Stoner
    Free Member

superb. how’s lovely reading? you doing OK?

cinnamon_girl

Hurrah! Any chance of a bluebell progress report please? Recommendations for the best bluebell woods in the Chilterns would be appreciated!

Am very pleased the Chilterns has reopened after Winter 😀

ormondroyd
    Free Member

Yeah, doing good. Have had a crap few years riding-wise, mainly because of work, but I’ve shed a stone since Christmas, the knee (touch wood) is feeling good, Fulham are top half, and the trails are dry.

Best bluebells? Well the woods above Hardwick Stud Farm looked pretty good, but I reckon the descent from near Well Place Zoo is usually the pick. It’s all good, though, and loads of shoots this year… bodes well

DeanoT
    Free Member

Hello ‘Droyd! Looks like I’m back just in time then :^)

Bluebells were looking all ready to rock a few weeks ago around here especially up near Piggots (North Dean) so an evening ride this week is required to have a look.

giantjason
    Free Member

ormondroyd – is that first pic going out from the back of Caversham, past the golf course, above the Warren?

ormondroyd
    Free Member

Yep, that’s the one… facing towards Caversham from the junction by the house.

ormondroyd
    Free Member

Just to confirm, DeanoT, they’re not out yet but it looks like a good crop this year.

Guilliano
    Free Member

Chilterns dry??? I don’t believe a word of it! Will go investigate shortly….

doof_doof
    Free Member

We didn’t see any bluebells out on Sunday either, though I don’t think they’re far off at all.
    The best spot for them last year I saw was near Northend (Queen Wood/Turville Park area), there were squillions of them:

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Public service announcement – the Chilterns are DRY!’ is closed to new replies.