Viewing 16 posts - 41 through 56 (of 56 total)
  • Public sector strike action against the Tory government
  • enfht
    Free Member

Public sector strike action against the Tory government… shouldn’t that read Public sector strike action against the (democratically elected) government’s **policies**???? All sounds like they have an issue with the tory aspect rather than the policy aspect. Rabble rousing unwashed lefty halfwit students the lot of ’em.

hugo
    Free Member

Possibly, I’ll ask him about the knock off drugs, might be a business opportunity.

Vietnam rather than skiing this year for me. Hope you enjoy your trip, I’m sure you’ve earned it.

Junkyard, I’m sorry my personal observation doesn’t tie in with how you see things.

I can’t really change that unless I start making things up.

I’ve passed on what I’ve seen, and like I said, I’ve not really been persuaded to get into this one. I’ll bow out.

Junkyard
    Free Member

We are going skiing though, if that’s okay?)

Term time ?
    😛
    Anyone with any maths skills can see that the persons lifestyle is not funded by their doctors wages

In much the same way George and daves lifestyle is not funded on their MPs salary]
    To try and use them as examples of how well paid MPS are is somewhat foolish and disingenuous as is your attempt with this Dr

GrahamS

Junior Doctor pay scales are publicly available here:
    http://bma.org.uk/support-at-work/pay-fees-allowances/pay-scales/juniors-pay-england

That’s basic salary. Posts with anti-social hours get given a banding which boosts that amount between 5 and 50% depending on the banding. That’s explained in detail in the Pay Circular that is linked to on that page.

They work hard. They get paid a reasonable wage.

Term time ?

Damn straight! 😀

Can’t afford to go in half term even if the missus could get it off, which she can’t.

Northwind

enfht – Member

Rabble rousing unwashed lefty halfwit students the lot of ’em.

Aye, all those qualified doctors are halfwit students. I guess this is the same deal as those immigrants that simultaneously come here to scrounge off our benefits and take our jobs.

enfht
    Free Member

Your insight is profound, as always.

hugo
    Free Member

Clarification for transparency. It’s a 6 Series M-Sport not an M6.

wallop

Oh! That’s ok then! 😆

edenvalleyboy
    Free Member

The 33 year old Doctor with a brand new M6, 3 houses, who’s simultaneously planning his ski trip, is getting less response than he probably wants to his endless personal Facebook campaign.

I hope you don’t work in research…with a style of using one, very exaggerated case outside of the norm, to generalise from..very 1970’s… 😀

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

The 33 year old Doctor with a brand new M6, 3 houses, who’s simultaneously planning his ski trip, is getting less response than he probably wants to his endless personal Facebook campaign.

Does it matter if he does have all that. Doctors are some of the highest achievers in the UK so why shouldn’t they earn more than others? Besides they are not considering striking because they are not getting a pay rise, they are striking because they are potentially getting a massive pay cut.

Still puzzles me why on STW people get so envious of other people’s wealth and success. If you want it, get off your arse and do something about it 🙂

GrahamS

they are striking because they are potentially getting a massive pay cut.

And because the changes will remove the financial penalties that protect them from being made to work ridiculous hours.

And of course because they don’t like being repeatedly and publicly lied about and slandered by someone who has written two books on how to privatise the NHS.

boriselbrus
    Free Member

hugo opined » Heaven forbid indeed.
    He’s probably got a very good point on many things, but I’m struggling to engage with this one.

I don’t usually bite to this stuff but this is idiotic.

Heaven forbid we reward those who work 90 hours a week to save our lives. And as others have said, your imaginary friend is unlikely to have achieved that for being a junior doctor. Let them keep the reward package they signed up for. It’s not hard is it…

mt
    Free Member

Well if this imaginary doctor has gained those filthy possessions and wealth without using his hard won renumeration from fixing bodies, how has he done it? If it’s inherited wealth it should have been taxed away, Dave and George would agree with that. No unearned wealth should be allowed.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Your troll is as blunt as always

footflaps

especially considering the virtually zero support.

I support their proposed strike action!

noteeth
    Free Member

Keep the NHS for those who can’t afford to pay for their own provision

Unless you can afford your own personal private ED & ITU, there’s no point valorising private provision over the NHS – indeed, the UK private healthcare sector simply takes a ride on the back of NHS infrastructure, workforce training and proximity to critical care. Private cover buys you access, but not necessarily the required expertise/capacity for messy/serious stuff. For that, the people you want looking after you are likely to be the ones right in the thick of it, not cherry-picking n’ ticking elective boxes.

Social insurance merely swaps one set of problems for another – nobody should pretend that pay-systems do more for less. That’s not to say that there isn’t much to take on-board from (better-invested) continental systems, but the outright NHS bashing by the media is particularly dumb – handing services over to the likes of Virgin will not improve matters on under-staffed elderly care wards, and removing safeguards (a particular concern) for weekend medical staffing will not improve mortality rates (and that’s not even to get started on Hunt’s abuse of statistics…). And that is the reality of current reforms – dross outsourcing with a garnish of meaningless market-wonk-speak platitudes. Spin & headline op-editorials from journalists and politicians who would wet themselves with fear if they ever had to deal with the responsibilities routinely faced by medical on-call staff – “junior doctors” who are neither very junior nor especially over-compensated for their work.

As for claims that the NHS is “unsustainable” – one might equally suggest that it is woefully-underfunded, given the task in hand. Hunt is a mendacious clown – and it speaks volumes for the dire state of UK politics that he is Health Sec, supported by a political class who neither grasp nor care about the reality of acute care. I see the reality – day in, day out. And I no longer have any patience for the BS that is being thrown our way. I can’t wait for this winter to be over – the omens are grim indeed.

I’ve done nearly 20 years as an auxiliary nurse, mostly in emergency care (current pay: £8:70ish an hour). I went to the same university as Hunt and the rest of these wretches – and I would happily spit in his face. 😈

Viewing 16 posts - 41 through 56 (of 56 total)

The topic ‘Public sector strike action against the Tory government’ is closed to new replies.