Viewing 5 posts - 41 through 45 (of 45 total)
  • Public grit boxes, grrrrr
  • ebygomm
    Free Member

It’s illegal to remove sand from the beach

I’d challenge anyone to go to a beach and not remove sand, that stuff gets everywhere!

Ambrose

The road I live on has approx. 30 houses and a couple of farms over its mile or so length. It is a dead end leading up a steep hill. And has been gritted twice in the past 30 mins. Yay!!!

jordie
    Free Member

we have had a bit of snow so i went to the grit bin but it is full of McDonalds wrappers not a pick of sand in there

missingfrontallobe
    Free Member

Local council has just sent a Transit tipper spreading grit around the side roads and a proper yellow gritting wagon along the main roads on our estate. Never seen that before in the 16 years we’ve lived here on the occasions we’ve had snow. Wife reckons a local councillor must have moved onto the estate somewhere, or the council is getting sued by someone.
    Gritted my driveway with stuff from B&Q, wanted to avoid the glazed ice that we had in January last year. Bought it a few weeks ago before people started panicking about it, but the local B&Q still had some in yesterday.

Big-Dave
    Free Member

I’m quite lucky. Even though I live at the top of a hill the head of services at the local council lives on the same street as me and the grit bin always seems well stocked as a result. He was even out gritting the road this morning to help out the neighbours; proof that some council workers do earn their keep.

I actually bought a couple of bags of rock salt from Wickes in October just in case the public bins near me ever run out. I share a long driveway with two other properties and it seemed the only sensible thing to do. We were all out yesterday morning shifting the snow from the street and gritting before everything froze overnight. Be nice if everybody took that approach.

Viewing 5 posts - 41 through 45 (of 45 total)

The topic ‘Public grit boxes, grrrrr’ is closed to new replies.