Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Pub / fakenger softshell jacket recommendations please
  • MrBlond
    Free Member

As title, any recommendations for a bike jacket (or other softshell with a dropped tail) that won't make me look too much of a nob in the boozer?

I have an Endura Windchill which is great, but makes me look like a black and white sausage off the bike…

MrBlond
    Free Member

Yes, I am being (slightly) ironic 😉

tracknicko
    Free Member

berghaus softshell. i have one and its mint.

tho i had a regatta one that i got in CCC's for £19 and it was proper good for about a year and now isnt waterproof at all. good value tho, a 5th of the price of berghaus. but definately not 5 times worse.

Baldysquirt

Charge surface stuff is aimed at that market IIRC

woody2000

One of these?

kiwijohn

Rapha Bomber jacket?

MrBlond
    Free Member

Thanks for suggestions, although I draw the line at Rapha 😉

Any other bike ones?

Howies used to do some not-too-bikey bike jackets but they only seem to do that strippagram jacket now

cynic-al
    Free Member

RF Hoodlum. Some NF and Arcteryx (sp) stuff. pricey tho.

I got my fave one in Zara 😀

hp_source

I've had one of these for a while in the grey, very comfy, good cut for the pootle to the pub…

Dare2b Softshell

J0N
    Free Member

Northwave Urban.
    Less than half price about 6 months ago form Alpine Bikes. I wear it too much TBH.

BigDummy
    Free Member

Nowhere has the Surface ones yet I don't think. Does look rather smart.

Talkemada
    Free Member

hpsource; that Dare2b jacket looks quite nice actually. I'm looking for something a bit lighter than my winter jacket, Spring/Autumn/chilly Summer evening type thing. Would that be a good buy?

That Northwave jacket is really quite 'bikey', no?

Rapha's undoubtedly nice, but I'm put off by the ponceyness of their brand. Not to mention the price…

Hand knitted in Kathmandu…

Please. It's made in a sweatshop in a 3rd World country, like everyone else's stuff. Stop being so pretentious.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Pub / fakenger softshell jacket recommendations please’ is closed to new replies.