Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Psycopath or sissy?
  • Stoner
    Free Member

Not sure how “accountant” gets in the right hand list….my mum’s a casebook pscyho! 😉

Most of the professions on the right require human connection, dealing with feelings and most of them don’t offer much power. Psychopaths, by their very nature, would not be drawn to or very good at these things.

On the other hand, most of the roles on the left do offer power and many require an ability to make objective, clinical decisions divorced from feelings. Psychopaths would be drawn to these roles and thrive there.

hattip to the ever reliable Boing Boing

Rio

Things must have changed. I’m sure when I was at school most of the teachers were psychopaths.

aracer
    Free Member

I presume your occupation offers a certain amount of power and requires you to make objective, clinical decisions divorced from feelings?

Klunk
    Free Member

eh? what about creative artists who work in Media ? 😕

Doctor and Surgeon ????

bigphilblackpool
    Free Member

Im a psychopath as i work 16 hr days as a craftsman on sites in minus temps, lock me up!!!!!!

glupton1976
    Free Member

I must also fall into the psycho camp.

Stoner
    Free Member

I think it’s pleasing to see the recognition that the world needs psychopaths. And all those bunny huggers thinking they’re so much better people can go do one 😈

noteeth
    Free Member

And all those bunny huggers thinking they’re so much better people can go do one

I don’t think it, comrade – I know it. 8)

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Craftsperson

8)

Stoner
    Free Member

hippies, the pair of you.

Northwind

My surgeon was certainly leaning in the psycho direction- no obvious empathy, no interest in people other than as interesting broken machines to dig around in. A human-mechanic, basically. But that’s OK, I didn’t go to him for his after-dinner wit.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Psycopath or sissy?’ is closed to new replies.