Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • PSA: Woodland for sale (West Sussex)
  • mikey74
    Free Member

If anyone in West Sussex wants to buy it and turn it into an mtb venue, that would be just lovely.

It’s located to the side of the road between East Grinstead and Forest Row.

captaindanger

Start a crowdfunding proposal? A co-operative owned mtb park. Could be good.

glasgowdan
    Free Member

If only it were as simple as a case of buy it and build what you like!

Stoner
    Free Member

if it’s this one, note the covenant requirement 🙁

http://www.woodlands.co.uk/buying-a-wood/south-east-england/strode-wood/

mikey74
    Free Member

I don’t think it is that one Stoner as that says it is “well away from any public road”. The one I’m talking about is right alongside the A22, the main Eastbourne Road.

richardthird

That sign’s been there for ever. 10yrs+ for sure.

mikey74
    Free Member

Oh really? I’ve never noticed it, probably because I’m usually driving past at 50mph. I happened to go running down that road yesterday, for the first time, and saw the sign/s.

timbur
    Free Member

Forest Row? Woodland?
    It’ll be overpaid for by some hessian wearing druid wannabee to go and chant in whilst rearing organic bio-dynamic freerange sausages!

http://www.woodlands.co.uk

(I might be wrong)

timber

If it is being sold by woodlands.co.uk it will be overpriced, divided up too small to deliver any return (ecological or productive), and the covenants probably wouldn’t allow you to do what you want.

mikey74
    Free Member

You’re probably not far off Timber.

Next time I’m passing I’ll make a note of the details.

granny_ring

Yes but how cool would it be….?
    To be able to buy a piece of woodland that you know and be able to kit it out with trails and jumps etc.
    That’s what dreams are made of and if the big numbers come up for me on the lottery that’s what I’d do. 🙂

maccruiskeen

That sign’s been there for ever. 10yrs+ for sure.

I think Woodlands.co.uk tend to just put a sign up anywhere they can just to market themselves to the most passing trade rather than to market any given patch of land. Usually finding a small building like an old telephone exchange, in the countryside, near a main road and sticking what looks like a for sale sign on it – but the site with the sign on isn’t for sale. They’ve had two up near me, one in Ayrshire one on the M8 heading out of Glasgow for years too. The don’t have anything for sale within 20 miles of either.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘PSA: Woodland for sale (West Sussex)’ is closed to new replies.