Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • PSA: Winter/all season tyres.
  • jam-bo

I just paid £247.12 delivered for 4 x Michelin Cross Climate, in 225/45/r17.

amazon prime only deal.

fifeandy
    Free Member

stupid question, but what do you then do with said tyres?
    Do you have a tame garage/mechanic to swap tyres and rebalance wheel for you?

jam-bo

never bought them this way before but seemed a price to good to pass as I need new tyres.

car needs a service so I’ll probably get my local garage to do them at the same time.

richmtb

Great PSA

That’s exactly my tire size

I’m using them at the moment and they are great tyres

globalti
    Free Member

I’m about to Ebay a set of four almost unused Avon Ice Touring tyres on steel wheels to fit an Ibiza or Polo, complete with a boot kit with jack and wheelbrace. We took out the useless latex and pump and dropped one of the winter wheels into the wheel well in summer and vice-versa in winter, so as to have a spare always in the car with the jack kit.

maccruiskeen

Do you have a tame garage/mechanic to swap tyres and rebalance wheel for you?

Yes – they don’t need to be tamed – they just need to be paid. £10 per corner at the place I use.

maccruiskeen

I’m about to Ebay a set of four almost unused Avon Ice Touring tyres on steel wheels to fit an Ibiza or Polo, complete with a boot kit with jack and wheelbrace. We took out the useless latex and pump and dropped one of the winter wheels into the wheel well in summer and vice-versa in winter, so as to have a spare always in the car with the jack kit

What wheel / tyre size is that (wondering if they’ll fit the GF’s Leon) – interested as much in the wheels as the tyres of fed up with leaky alloys

fasthaggis

Are we going to have an ice/snowfest this winter?

maccruiskeen

Don’t really care whether we do or don’t – one lost day of work can cost me more than 4 tyres so it only needs to snow one morning every 3 years to recoup the out lay.

And really the only outlay is buying 4 tyres at once rather than replacing as the wear. Once I put a set of winters on 7 years ago I’ve never taken them off

jam-bo

no idea but it’ll definitely be cold, wet, muddy and shitty on my B road commute for the next six months.

spooky_b329

Tell me you are joking! Just paid about double that two weeks ago for the same size, best price I could find! Argghhh!

I will console myself that it would have cost £80 membership (cos I’ve used my free trial, twice) and £60 fitting…still stings!

tthew

What wheel / tyre size is that (wondering if they’ll fit the GF’s Leon) – interested as much in the wheels as the tyres of fed up with leaky alloys

Our Leon does that too. One wheel only but still PITA. My 10 year old van with steel wheels, rarely check them between services.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Thats a great offer.

Tyre places will fit and balance for £20 a wheel, I have asked before. I susoect with negotiation you could do better

Dangerboy
    Free Member

Great Psa!
    I needed 205/55r16 and they came to £61 each, delivered. Bargain.

househusband

By coincidence I’ve just been looking at the latest AutoExpress winter tyre tests and reviews; new car means new winter tyres and steel rims in a few weeks.

Shame I need 205/60/R16… they’re coming up at around £95ea.

SaxonRider

fasthaggis – Member 

We’re going down this road, are we?

joshvegas
    Free Member

Those polo wheels…

Also interested…

scotroutes

We’re going down this road, are we?
    [/quote]Sideways

joshvegas
    Free Member

I will console myself that it would have cost £80 membership (cos I’ve used my free trial, twice) and £60 fitting…still stings!

Especially when you findout that you just make a new gmail address and get a new trial.

Jakester
    Free Member

Gah, none in my car’s size!

Aristotle
    Free Member

Uniroyal Rain Sport or Rain Expert, depending on the car.

Great grip wet, dry and shallow snow.

Ideal for year-round use in Manchester.

spooky_b329

Especially when you findout that you just make a new gmail address and get a new trial.

I know…you’re not helping… 🙂

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Tyre places will fit and balance for £20 a wheel, I have asked before

Deep south price alert.

Rubber_Buccaneer

Deep south price alert.

London I suspect rather than deep south. Here on the coast I’m wondering what winter tyres are for 😀

joshvegas
    Free Member

Burning?

turboferret

I thought that sounded a bit ripe for 4 x bicycle tyres, then saw the sizes 😀

johnners
    Free Member

A very good buy at £247 for four, but now up to £103 each. And that’s still not a bad price, they were £115+ when I was looking a couple of weeks ago.

jam-bo

just been dispatched.

and a £79.99 refund for the not so free amazon prime trial. (i waited until they’d dispatched the tyres before complaining)

johnners
    Free Member

Bargin. Should see you right in the Devon snow drifts.

jam-bo

do you mean puddles?

andybrad

got a linky?

Wally

I was quoted £800 for 4 235/45/r18’s! Plumped for £500 set of Goodyear Rainsport 3

andybrad

still cant find these,

johnners
    Free Member

still cant find these

Amazon dynamic pricing innit. By the time I looked (a day ago) the price per tyre was over £100. Best you can do is set a price alert or be lucky enough to spot the PSA promptly.

globalti
    Free Member

I’ve sent you a PM Macc. Any interest?

jam-bo

Delivered yesterday and fitted today. £317 all in fitted, happy with that. Could have saved a couple of quid disposing of the old ones myself but paid them for the hassle.

johnners
    Free Member

£317 all in fitted, happy with that

I expect you are. Currently £480 fitted via Blackcircles.

Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)

The topic ‘PSA: Winter/all season tyres.’ is closed to new replies.