Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • PSA: we're undoomed!
  • brooess
    Free Member

http://www.ey.com/UK/en/Issues/Business-environment/Financial-markets-and-economy/ITEM—Forecast-headlines-and-projections

UK GDP is projected to grow by 1.1% this year after a 0.2% rise in 2012, with the current modest pick-up in the economy being driven by the consumer in general, and the housing market in particular. With consumer confidence returning and the Government’s initiatives to stimulate the housing market bearing fruit, consumers are switching their attention back from saving to spending.

So far, so unbalanced. However, the better news is that from 2014 the consumer-led recovery will morph into much more balanced growth, as business investment and exports begin to rise more strongly. As a result, UK GDP growth will accelerate to 2.6% in 2015, and stay at around that level through to 2017.

wwaswas

wrong forum and link fail. looks doomed to me 😉

mikewsmith
    Free Member

great another f’in housing boom inflated by unsustainable purchases. Anybody remember how we all got here?

thejesmonddingo

I thought you got to Australia on a plane,Mike.

brooess
    Free Member

Wrong Forum Fail 😳

<Fixed the link tho> 🙂

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Yep but still with some interests in the UK.

kimbers

mikewsmith – Member
    great another f’in housing boom inflated by unsustainable purchases. Anybody remember how we all got here?

+1

Murray

What about the heat death of the universe?

We’re dooomed, dooooomed I tell you!

samuri
    Free Member

Well I just hope the housing market booms again because I own two houses now. Can you imagine how angry I’ll be if the universe dies before I sell one of them?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘PSA: we're undoomed!’ is closed to new replies.