Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • PSA: Well priced outdoor clothing
  • dufresneorama
    Free Member

Not all bike specific, but some good bargains over at Craghoppers
    and
    Dare2be sale there is a few different sections of the D2b site with reduced stuf…deals, summer sale and winter sale.

Picked up a few bargains!

carlphillips
    Free Member

i got the defiance softshell from d2b yesterday, its a fantastic piece of kit.

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

hmm, loads of STW bought loads of D2B stuff from a PSA, and most of it went straight back. Not seen the defiance softshell but the jackets we bought were p1ss poor quality manufacturer, real unbranded market stall stuff and went back by return of post.
    Surprised D2B are throwing money at sponsoring outdoor events, their quality doesnt seem to warrant it.

fathomer

My D2B softshell jacket fell to bits after a 5-6 rides, they did refund though.

RustySpanner

If you don’t mind the name, there is LOADS of Bear Grylls badged Craghoppers stuff going very cheap at the mo.

There was a shop in Llanberis full of it at the end of last year.
    Opposite Pete’s. Massive discounts.

carlphillips
    Free Member

my d2b stuff gets abused on the dh bike (and trails sometimes) it holds up fantastically well, from what i remember of that thread most peoples rants went something like “i paid next to **** all for this jacket and its nothing like the <insert really expensive brand name> one i have, so they are shit”
    my t-shirts are still new looking after ages, the £12 softshell jacket is worn to death and still hasn’t even started to wear out.
    i guess i must’ve just got lucky with every purchase i made from them (or my expectations are lower?).

anyhoo good psa…fill your boots! although craghoppers are out of most sizes now.

dufresneorama
    Free Member

I got a couple of half-zip tops from D2b and couple of pair trousers from Craghoppers: the kiwi pro stretch and basecamp. Think £18 for the pro stretch is a bargain.

Mates have a few D2b items and they rate them. I’ve not broken the bank to try them out at least.
    Guy in tesco had the top of the line cycling softshell on yesterday – looked quite nice.

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Well priced maybe, but its complete tat IMHO.

julianwilson
    Free Member

Bit of a lottery IMHO: I have a raincoat of theirs which is fantastic for the £20 I paid for it (in tk maxx so I could cop a feel of it), in fact I think it is all round better than my £100 raceface one. We bought softshells for t’wife, me and both children and despite all costing around the same money, there are differences in build kwality and “features” between mine and the wife’s and bvetween son’s and daughters. That said none of them I would not buy again for that money, it’s just that the wife’s was much nicer for her £15 than mine.

Essentially like More Mile, much Craghoppers product (particularly that for sale in sports direct and the internet) and more recent Karrimor, you should totally disregard the RRP and look at what it costs right now not what the “discount” is. Shame that’s the way dare2be etc seem to want to do business for all but their highest end kit. 😕

johnnystorm

D2B kit is a bit of a lottery. The tops I’ve had at £6 a throw are fine. The padded baggies weren’t VFM even at their sale price. The padded liner was a poor fit for the outer short and its retaining loops came off after a single outing.

Better to hang fire and wait for a “proper” brand on the sale. I was an inverted kit snob until my Mrs got me some Castelli tights. 🙄

johnnystorm

Having said that my Morvelo jersey isn’t very well put together. My Lidl kit is better made.

glupton1976
    Free Member

You get what you pay for. My softshell that I got for £30 or whatever has lasted fine.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘PSA: Well priced outdoor clothing’ is closed to new replies.