Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 44 total)
  • PSA: WC DH Final Round (Leogang)
  • patriotpro
    Free Member

Mods just delete if I’m duplicating…

Rachel’s a given do Gee or Steve? Bring it on 8)

http://bit.ly/15Di1rt

fervouredimage
    Free Member

Smiths final run will be a nail biter. The last run at the last round will almost certainly decide the championship. Brilliant.

patriotpro
    Free Member

Absolutely, smith can handle pressure too. Tbh I hope someone like Bryceland or Peat wins it (as long as Gee gets enough points to win the Cup).

fervouredimage
    Free Member

Also, momentum is with Smith but on the other hand Gee has been in similar positions to this before.

Personally I’ll be very happy if either smith or Gee take the title. I think they are both great riders, great personalities and only do the sport a favour.

Northwind

Yeah, absolutely, it’s maybe not so good for the partisan folks but this is a dream final imo. Shame there’s so many big names out though.

stanfree
    Free Member

‘Down like a cheap pair of tights’. 😆

Klunk
    Free Member

had to snigger 😀

Lifer
    Free Member

Miami!

uselesshippy
    Free Member

Go peaty

Lifer
    Free Member

TBH would love for Steve Smith to take this

Lifer
    Free Member

LOOK AT THE TIME!!!!!

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Wow!!!

Lifer
    Free Member

Such a nice chap too 😀

Gutted for Gee!

torsoinalake
    Free Member

He smashed it. Seems like a really decent bloke too. Quite happy that he took it.

fervouredimage
    Free Member

As I said, the momentum was with him at the right time. Deserved winner IMO but Gee should still be chuffed that he has put himself back in the position as the rider to beat.

chakaping
    Free Member

What a race! What a year!

Bruni looked even more gutted than Gee at the end.

And Smith is a worthy champion with some of the best runs of the year to his name.

😀

wordnumb
    Free Member

Wow, what a way to end the season. Perfect conditions, and no mistakes from either of the riders in contention.

Shame for Beaumont though.

chakaping
    Free Member

Yeah, was great to see a race where more of the contenders made it to the finish line on a good time.

Bryceland and Blenki need to wash their mouths out with soap though.

patriotpro
    Free Member

Best man won. Steve n Rach should get together. Jeez what a quick kid that would make…

fervouredimage
    Free Member

Just ridden down a mountain flat out, got themselves on the box, endorphins flowing, arms, legs and chests are burning. I can forgive them an expletive or two.

kimbers

what happened to gee he was up at the first split but way off by the bottom ( i was distracted by my 2 yr olds potty malfunction)

fervouredimage
    Free Member

A fair few riders were up at the top but then lost time on final third. Gee wasn’t really the exception there. The final third was a bit more technical and rocky so I guess Gee like others wanted to stay on the bike so possibly shaved more speed off than he wanted to.

edward2000
    Free Member

Suck mick put in a savage run too. Gutted for gee man though

mikey74
    Free Member

Or maybe the camera shouldn’t intrude on private conversations.

I’m happy Stevie won. Gutted for Bryceland: For a while there, I thought it was going to be his day.

I do find it hard to warm to Gee sometimes: It’s like he’s trying too hard to be cool.

Coyote
    Free Member

What a fantastic series! Brilliant riding and all coming down to the last race. Full respect to Gee but Steve Smith is a very worthy winner. First saw him in Seasons being shuttled up the mountain by his mum and dreaming of today. Wow! World Cup Champion. Well done. Not forgetting Rachel, she is on another level and what about Manon? Maybe a 1 and 2 for those two next year?

The coverage today was way ahead of some of the other courses too. Looking forward to next season big time.

doom_mountain

+1 Coyote

After watching Seasons so many times, it’s almost like we ‘know’ Steve Smith, so the win is a real heart warmer.
    I thoroughly enjoyed this years coverage and racing.
    And it’s amazing that Peaty is still a contender!

fervouredimage
    Free Member

For something that is broadcast on the Internet only it has been fantastically produced. Great coverage all season. Fantastic commentary as always. Good interviews, good mini films/promos and generally just a top notch professional looking series.

Hats off to Redbull again. I can’t help but be a fan.

chakaping
    Free Member

Yes, got to hand it to Red Bull that they’ve really got up to speed with it now, and I’ve even come round to the idea of missing out two-thirds of the men’s field (time is always tight for me).

Used to enjoy listening to Warner chatting with riders and industry people who he’d dragged into the booth while the lower end of the field raced, but it’s more of a mainstream proposition now and I don’t have a problem with that.

(I was joking about the soap mouth washing btw, it’s good to hear the podium banter – why would the cameras be intrusive?)

wrecker
    Free Member

Steve n Rach should get together. Jeez what a quick kid that would make…

😀
    I’m sure Gee and Dan would be happy to pimp out their sister for the betterment of Downhill mountain biking.

It’s difficult not to be made up for Stevie. What a geniuinely likeable person.
    The DH stuff is brilliant at the moment. I keep thinking we’re going to get a period of dominance; It was Hill, Gee, Minaar, Gwinn (thank god for specialized!) and now Smith but it keeps switching and is more exciting as a result.

oliverd1981
    Free Member

Steve n Rach should get together. Jeez what a quick kid that would make…

Of course if your memory of DH stretches back further than 5 minutes you’ll know that Peaty’s missus was no slouch on a DH bike and Jake could indeed be the future king of UK DH.

Now if Hill and Jonnier had had kids – that would have been a whole new level.

BoardinBob

I appreciate it must be gutting for Gee to lose but he seemed a bit insincere when he congratulated Stevie at the end. There’s an arrogance about Gee that’s not nice.

fervouredimage
    Free Member

I appreciate it must be gutting for Gee to lose but he seemed a bit insincere when he congratulated Stevie at the end. There’s an arrogance about Gee that’s not nice.

I agree with the arrogance thing but I thought his immediate handshake and ‘fair play man’ comment was sincere enough. He was obviously gutted as anyone would be so how can he be faulted for his kind words to Smith?

Besides they are good mates so I can’t imagine there is any malice or ill feeling.

chakaping
    Free Member

it must be gutting for Gee to lose but he seemed a bit insincere

Talk about kicking a guy when he’s down.

😉

maxtorque

A picture tells a thousand words:

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Poor Gee; he really wanted that and expected to get it after a storming early season. But Stevie was always on his tail and had a blinding tail-end to the season and just took it away from him.

As a patriot and an Atherton fan I’m disappointed for Gee. But there is no doubt Stevie thoroughly deserved that. Canadians must be over the moon, and so they should be because he’s done his country and his family proud. If you’ve seen the Stevie segment in Seasons, you’ll have some idea just how his mum feels about it.

grum
    Free Member

Just watched the replay – great race and excellent coverage. Stevie Smith’s moustache though…..

Didn’t think Gee sounded too insincere – just obviously totally gutted and trying to do the right thing.

Northwind

BoardinBob – Member

I think he’d just had the arse ripped out of his year. I’d have gone off for a cry. He’s got nowt to be ashamed of, sometimes impersonal professionalism is all you’ve got left.

Gee doesn’t always come across that well in interviews and the like, he tries a bit hard maybe, in person he seemed a bit less dude…

grum
    Free Member
    Lifer
    Free Member

It’s great that it went down to the final run of the final round, shows how tight the competition is at the top.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 44 total)

The topic ‘PSA: WC DH Final Round (Leogang)’ is closed to new replies.