Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • PSA – Van insurance
  • jimbobrighton
    Free Member

I’ve been struggling to find van insurance that’s not increased in price this year – it’s been a bit of a nightmare, to the point where my van insurance is more expensive now than when I was 17! so much for 14 years driving experience…

best quote was £750 fully comp for a T4 from 1996 (value £2k)

anyway, on a recommendation fro here I called NFU mutual today, and despite them telling me they probably wouldn’t be the cheapest, I got fully comp for £450! All with a lower excess, and better windscreen cover etc.

so well worth a visit IMO.

That is all.

Jim

That is all.

cbike
    Free Member

Depends on your Postcode. NFU does not cover city centres.

For a van that old it tends not to be worth insuring fully comp.

jimbobrighton
    Free Member

Funny that. I live in Brighton. A city.

Fully comp actually worked out cheaper too, so in that respect, it was well worth it.

but thanks for the cheery comments 😉

totalshell

budget van insurance had it three years now no messing always cheapest

ell_tell
    Free Member

Interesting. Do you live in a predominantly rural setting if you don’t mind me asking? I live in a city & found NFU wouldn’t insure me as they didn’t consider it to be a rural setting 🙁

jedi

im with nfu 🙂

jimbobrighton
    Free Member

far from it – It’s not a rural setting by any means – suburban is probably the best description.

gravity-slave
    Free Member

Sheffield here, not far from the centre and NFU Mutual always cheapest for me! Service has been great too, happy to recommend (if they will cover you)

groundskeeperwilly
    Free Member

NFU usually do a good deal and they are more used to vans etc than some other companies but I know a few people have had issues depending on location etc. Great if you can get it though.

druidh
    Free Member

NFU. Suburbs.

Del

direct line worked out best for me on my pug expert, and i did try the nfu – they were substantially more expensive.
    DL also said that they expect a van to be used for sd&p in addition to business use.
    just throwin’ that out there.

rickon
    Free Member

It’s worth ticking the ‘van has internal racking’ if you have some sort of setup in the back, it can save you 10% off you premium.

It shows you have a level of consideration for your van.

The same applies to having your van sign written.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘PSA – Van insurance’ is closed to new replies.