Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • PSA: Uplift day at Glenbranter forest near Dunoon, Argyll
  • tandemwarriors

A heads up for anyone in the Argyll or Glasgow area.
    As part of Cowalfest 2012, our local walking & arts festival, we’ve been given permission by FCS to run a wee uplift day on the Twister trails at Glenbranter forest near Dunoon.
    We’ve got a pukka bike trailer and LWB Landrover at our disposal. The trails are 4 tight twisty singletrack sections, like this……
    There will be a small charge to cover costs.

If you want to explore somewhere new, come over and join us.
    For more info we’re on facebook or email us: cowalmountainbikeclubATyahooDOTcoDOTuk

Cheers,
    Rob

tandemwarriors

Might help if I added its Saturday 13th October!

althepal

Hmmmmm…. Will there be cake??

tandemwarriors

You know us buddy, I’m sure there will be cake 🙂

Rob

tandemwarriors

Shameless bump 🙂

steveoath
    Free Member

Aaaaarrrrrggggghhhhh. I’m on hols! Bugger. That’s just across the water from my folks as well.

pacerc200
    Free Member

Posted on the cowal club Facebook page last week about this but not had a response, sounds a fun day just want more info, thanks.

Northwind

Ah, very cool, will have to see if I can make that. Cheers!

tandemwarriors

pacerc200 – sorry for the delay, have just answered your questions over on facebook.
    Northwind – the more the merrier!

Please don’t expect Inners or Nevis Range, or bring a full-on downhill monsterbike, but the trails are great fun, and this is something we’ve wanted to organise for years.

The cake production will get into full swing shortly…..

Rob

Brycey
    Free Member

I’m sorry to say I’ll miss this Rob, I’m away on a course. Good to see the mean streets of Cowal getting some coverage though!

gt900uk
    Free Member

I should be down that weekend so will come along. Do you need to book slots Rob or can you turn up on the day?

tandemwarriors

Better to book via the Cowalfest website please Graeme. Then we can claim back some petrol money for Tom’s Mandrover! The princely sum of £4, bargain!

See you next weekend.

Rob

althepal

Bugger- working nights all weekend. Gah!

tandemwarriors

There are a few places left if you’ve nothing planned for tomorrow!

The bike trailer is ready for tomorrow’s first ever Glenbranter uplift. Tom’s Mandrover is even getting a special valet today in preparation (ok, he’ll take the child seats out and remove the dog hair!).

Now we had a last-minute hiccup yesterday when FCS told us there was a charge for giving us permission to use the forest. We’d not been told about this before, which is why we were just charging the standard £4 Cowalfest booking fee to cover admin costs. To cover this charge there will be a donation box tomorrow. A mere £3 each will cover it, so still only £7 for what we hope will be a brilliant day. As I said, it is a donation, because we had advertised at £4, so don’t feel we can ask for extra, but Cowalfest runs as a not-for-profit organisation so it would help a lot.

Right, I’ll have a word with the weather gods and arrange some sunshine!

Cheers,
    Rob

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘PSA: Uplift day at Glenbranter forest near Dunoon, Argyll’ is closed to new replies.